Notices

Newbie from Northwest Arkansas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Quarterracer
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Northwest Arkansas.

I didn't see an intro forum so I hope you guys don't mind and in case some of you notice this is the same intro I posted on 6speedonline.

Hello, I'm Don and I'm from Siloam Springs Arkansas. Over the summer I recently acquired a '78 911 SC Targa from a family member. My knowledge on these cars is very minimal. In fact I know nothing about the car and am debating on whether or not I should keep it. So I figured I would at least join a new forum and see what I can learn. With as little as I have in the car I figured why not. I've got nothing to loose.

Well, here are a few pics of the car.

When I picked it up this last summer. My cousin had it in storage up in Kansas City.

The daily driver.

Past vehicles.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Quarterracer
Cruisin'

Hello?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:01 PM
zoaatc11
Instructor

OK bro..............Welcome
Old 12-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Quarterracer
Cruisin'

Thanks. I was beginning to thing that I had done something wrong.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Welcome. Go to the "Air/Oil Cooled" category and check out the 911 sub-category--a wealth of information there--ask a question, someone can answer it. Use the Search Function for a particular topic and it will pull up previous posts about that subject. Go to the Tech section and you will see a category for SC's. Happy browsing!
Old 12-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Quarterracer
Cruisin'

Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Quarterracer
Cruisin'

So far I'm definitely glad I registered here. This car isn't quite what I'm used to and I have to keep reminding myself of that but the few times I've driven it, it has definitely put a smile on my face. I hope to learn a lot more about these cars in the near future.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:59 AM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

Yea your best bet is to post over in the 911 area. Not many pass through these general forums. I just don't want to go to bed yet and am bored out of my mind.

Welcome to the addiction.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:00 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

Quarterracer, you've done well and passed the first Rennlist test -- you posted pictures.

You may want to join the local PCA and start autocrossing the car. Even if AX is not your preference, learning car control in a safe environment will pay off at some point in the future.

Christmas Day found us on I-85, north of Atlanta. We are in the beater 1/4 ton pick up and it is over-loaded with fire wood, a chipper/mulcher, a weeks worth of clothes and all our Christmas gifts. Traveling in the carpool lane, another car crossed the solid white line and cut us off. I braked, the rear end started to come around and the concrete wall was getting close. I straightened the truck out and I'm certain w/o my AX and DE experience, it would have ended up much worse.

Welcome to Rennlist
Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Quarterracer
Cruisin'

Well, I've decided that I'm going to sell my car. I've given it a lot of thought and this is the best thing for me to do right now. I just listed it on ebay and I think that I've got it priced to sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220192421218
Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

The Porsche community is a close knit family. The Rennlist community is even closer.

Good luck on the sale. If it doesn't sell, give the PCA a year and do some DEs and AXs.

Hopefully you will be happy it did NOT sell.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Quarterracer
Cruisin'

Thanks. If it doesn't sell hopefully I'll start having a few good months and work and maybe I can pull my head back out above water. I really don't mind having it around at all and I know the car has a bunch of potential.

BTW, what's DEs? I figured AXs is for Auto Cross.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:27 PM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

DE stands for Driver Education. Porsche Club regions across the country rent nearby racetracks and provide instructors to help you learn to drive your car in a safe manner at speed. Other groups also provide high performance "track days" to learn about and improve your car control skills.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Quarterracer
Cruisin'

Well, the car is giving me a bit of trouble with second gear so I've decided to go ahead and sell it since I really can't afford to maintain it. I've purchased something else to play with in place of this so I need to sell it. I have it on ebay if anyone is interested. Reserve is 8,000. Buy it now is 8,500 but if anyone here wants it now at 8,000 just pm or email me and tell me you saw it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE:IT&ih=012

Quick Reply: Newbie from Northwest Arkansas.