Notices

YOUR PORSCHE OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:42 AM
exotic_car_lover
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR PORSCHE OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE...

Hello Porsche Fans and Owners,

I purchased a new Cayenne S in April of this year and I love it. But, since purchasing the vehicle in mid-April, I have had little to no communication from Porsche. It's been over two months and I have not received a welcome letter from the company or any publications (i.e. official Porsche magazine) or similar. Is that normal?

I would appreciate anyone who has purchased a new Porsche to respond to let me know what their experience was like after purchasing the new Porsche. What communications did you receive and how long did it take to get them? Did you get a feedback form to ask about your purchase experience?

I wonder if the dealership (which was absolutely horrible) has forgotten to complete a portion of the registration with Porsche. Thanks for your feedback! I look forward to hearing from you folks.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Did you buy a car or join a sorority? Be grateful your mailbox isn't full of advertising rubbish. FYI, the Cayenne is a Volkswagen, perhaps you should pop round to your friendly Beatle dealer.

R+C
Old 06-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

"...I wonder if the dealership (which was absolutely horrible) has forgotten to complete a portion of the registration with Porsche. Thanks for your feedback! I look forward to hearing from you folks."

I think that's what's most likely happened. Along with the usual marketing paraphanalia you should recieve the Porsche Magazine Christophorus regularly as well. I would contact Porsche NA customer service and let them know about your dealer experience as well.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

a couple months after I bought my 03 CPO 996TT last December they sent me a welcome package of sort. I also have been getting Christophorus occasionally.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought my Porsche in 1997. It was a 9 year old 944 Turbo S I got private party sale. I never once have taken it to the dealership for service. About a year or two after buying it I started to get Christophorus in the mail. I got 5-6 issues then no more. No big deal.

If you want to be part of the "club" join PCA. That is a real club and you don't need to buy new to get in.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:57 AM
H2OJazz
Rennlist Member

I agree w. M758, screw the dealer, join PCA (and get a track car!)
Old 06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
kw_1055
Instructor

Chritophorus for me too. Plus a lot of survey forms from different companies.
But PCA is the club to join, and then go to the meetings and events.

Quick Reply: YOUR PORSCHE OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE...