Notices

Announcement ...I have be warned by K40 not to discuss its jammer testing anymore.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by K40 Electronics
Let me be perfectly clear, so there is absolutely no confusion in this matter. At no time has anyone from K40 Electronics contacted this individual, his legal representatives, or anyone working with his group to stop talking about our company. His statements are completely false. He is obviously trying to stir up something on this forum in an effort to make our company look bad for reasons I can only imagine.

Regards,
Kevin Fryer
K40 Electronics

Hi Kevin,

I'm not the emissary from Rennlist, but welcome. Thanks for coming here to balance out the discussion.

I don't know if there's any spurious intent here or just the nature of Web forums to attract debate where the facts are not always in plain view. : ) As for apocryphal stories of radar detectors, for literally decades now, there's always anecdotes of empty boxes or the competitor's hardware inside the vendor-x case.

I have a Cayenne with "privacy" glass that prevents the trusty old V1 working pretty much at all. My current plan is to buy a second V1 and get the remote audio and visual units and, while it's expensive, I can do it myself and I know the V1 will save my bacon simply because it has done so for a decade or more in 911's.

I am interested to read unbiased, third party reviews and tests of the various detectors, especially comparing the K40 Calibre to the Valentine 1.

I have read various individual comments on the Calibre and I've seen some Web sites that purport to be wholly independent, but they don't ring true to me.

Hopefully you can point out some credible reviews.

I'd also like to understand the legal context of using a "jammer" in California. I'd rather get a speeding ticket than commit a "real" crime -- even if it's only against the FCC. Please advise.

Cheers,
Old 06-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 233 Posts

Everyone should read through the thread in the 997 forum in which P-car944's history was exposed. This guy is a serious hyperspace troll and has had MANY aliases on a variety of automotive forums - most of which banned his ***.
You shouldn't take ANYTHING he has posted as factual.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:02 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Too funny. Good job!

Originally Posted by Coochas
Everyone should read through the thread in the 997 forum in which P-car944's history was exposed. This guy is a serious hyperspace troll and has had MANY aliases on a variety of automotive forums - most of which banned his ***.
You shouldn't take ANYTHING he has posted as factual.

Quick Reply: Announcement ...I have be warned by K40 not to discuss its jammer testing anymore.