Notices

seat belt stickers in california

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:12 PM
jaibeiber
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat belt stickers in california

First forgive me for it has been ages since i have used this site. and i cannot find the off topic forum. but anways can someone please explain to me why there are huge stickers explaining why a seat belt should be worn, on the driver side window? is it a punishment if you violate the seat belt law? and on a side note how do so many people get away without license plates in So Cal?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 132 Posts

There is no sticker on the window about seat belts. What car is this on?

Regarding your second question, perhaps you are only seeing the back on the cars. In the front right (lower) windshield goes a small sticker that explains that its plate is in work. Right now there appears to be a back-log of plate manufacturing by DMV. Perhaps you could give them a hand? (It took them 5 months to them mine to me).
Old 02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
jaibeiber
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's not on every car obviously. what is funny about it is that the sticker is read from the outside not the inside. i have seen a couple dozen of these in the three weekends i have been there. i only finally decided to read it last time i was there. i am going to L.A. again tomorrow and i will take a picture if i see one. which i know i will. there are very big and black.

Why do they not give you the paper temporary plates like the rest of the world? If that person is invovled in a hit and run what is a witness suppose to say? "yeah it was...uuummm. they.... umm... purchased it from santa monica bmw... i think. does that help?"

on a side note i think Santa Barbara is a nice city. i did a hike up a river bed there. it was named for the falls there. and there was this dog that followed us up most of the way. and then got bored with us and found someone else to walk with. we were told by a local that the dog does this all day. the owners live at the base of the trail.

Quick Reply: seat belt stickers in california