Notices

Rolex 24 Information?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Nifty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolex 24 Information?

I used to go to the 24 hour during the 80s and was thinking about going this year. I've been to the Daytona Speedway website but the ticket information is confusing. Does anyone have any insight on the following?

I am only interested in Friday and Saturday, grandstand and garage. Is this possible? Is there a difference in a "garage" ticket upgrade and this fanzone thing?

I went though the ticket wizard and ended up with a ticket with a seat number (which I did not end up getting) but I don't know where the seat is. I also read where children under 12 were admitted free. So is it general admission and the seat number is bogus? No I don't want to buy the Fanzone package.

Parking. I recall during the 80s I used to park real close, but it looks like now there is a fee for that (or the website's info is based on events like the 500).

I'm going to call tomorrow but was anxious to find out tonight. Thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 09:56 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

for $40 you can get to the infield. I think its about another $20 to park. I always got to the Porsche coral. The fan zone is included in your 2 day ticket. It is an additional charge to go into the pit area. There arent many people in the stands usually as all the closeup action is in the infield. I usually go over the weekend before the race and get our tickets. last year the infield sold out so dont wait till race day to get yours.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

I was planning on attending this year - until the Werewife found out I bought a set of custom Recaro seats. Hey - it was such a deal and they have the cool 'air conditioner" fan setup. I could have bought a 944 for less, but the driveway is already crowded, so I was being responsible. Yeah, sure I was. That and they are soooooo comfortable. There's no doubt they'll add 23 hp. (just kidding about the hp gain to all of those who take this stuff too seriously and too literally)

Those who do attend this event, please take pics and post them. Especailly of the antics in the Infield. And in particular if they involve attractive women dressed for hot Florida weather.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 AM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be going...I'll see what I can do for taking visuals for posterity's sake
Old 01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

From a email for the Citrus Region I got today

"Rolex 24 Hour Race Porsche Corral at Daytona International Speedway

The Florida Citrus Region is responsible for staffing the Porsche parking corral and welcome tent from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM on Saturday, January 27. There are 6 volunteers needed to man the tent and park the cars during this period. Anyone that can assist in this area please contact Jim Kelley at jimkelley@fuglebergkoch.com or call him at 407-629-0595. Note you will need to purchase your own ticket for the race that gives you access to the infield.

General notes on the event- The race starts at 1:30 PM. The corral is located about halfway between the two infield horseshoe turns and fills up early. Ticket info call 866-761-7223 or access www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com ."

Quick Reply: Rolex 24 Information?