Notices

Dealer apparently did the pre-CPO inspection over the phone (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:51 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Dealer apparently did the pre-CPO inspection over the phone (rant)

I need to vent. I bought my '03 996 on July 2 at Champion Porsche in Pompano, Florida. I love it, and that love grows every time I see it and/or drive it. My dealer, however, I am not so keen on.

Since July 2, every weekend except one (and only because I was out of town on business) I have had to bring the car back in to have some silly-*** item fixed. The list so far: front speakers that were inoperative, passenger side visor mirror whose cover fell off - INTO THE SALESMAN'S HAND AS HE WAS DOING THE POST-SALE WALK-THRU, a funky A/C display, the main key wouldn't lock/unlock the doors, a driver's side window whose regulator cable was so bad it growled like a blender every time the window went up/down, and now yet one more %$#@$&*% thing that happened this morning - a Oil Level Fault indicator - as the oil pressure gauge suddenly drops to "0", almost causing heart failure of yours truly.
https://rennlist.com/forums/newthrea...ewthread&f=73#
WTF????

The service guys have been great about fixing all of these things, but I am Very Perturbed that I have to keep going back every single week! Does anyone here know the GM or owner of Champion? I bet their cars are looked at just a bit more carefully.

I really would like them to know that the car was apparently inspected over the phone, or from a helicopter, or maybe from the space shuttle. For sure no one got into it, drove it, turned it on, etc, etc, etc.

Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Do they not value my time At ALL??

Let me know if you know the big dogs there, so I can vent at them.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear about your issues.
I would simply skip the dealership and report this directly to PCNA in Atlanta.
This sounds like it should be brought to their attention, and I'm sure they will contact the dealer shortly thereafter.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Isn't Dave Maraj (spelling?) the owner?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:52 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

The GM's name is Devinder Maraj.

Here is a link to their website http://champion.porschedealer.com

Michael Bartsch is the Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer at PCNA. His address is PCNA 4091 Southmeadow Pkwy W, Atlanta, 30349 - (404) 344-0351

NC

Quick Reply: Dealer apparently did the pre-CPO inspection over the phone (rant)