Notices

How do I remove hard water deposits from my paint?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 05:19 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How do I remove hard water deposits from my paint?

Hi all,
I'm trying to figure out the best way to safely remove what appear to be the white colored hard water mineral deposits that are accumulating around the tough to dry areas of my 993 (caused by washing it with hard water). I do my best with a chamois but there's always water that tends to pool slightly in areas like around the gaskets for the windows, the little mouldings at the top of the fenders near the windshield etc. Its definately not caused by a messy wax job since I've always been really careful not to get wax in tough to remove areas of the car. I purchased some Limeaway but after speaking with someone who is in the yachting maintenance business, he said this stuff is very acidic and may damage the paint or the rubber gaskets. Anyone have any tips on what to use to remove these deposits safely? It looks really crappy on a black car!
p.s. Unfortunately I don't have access to a watersoftener prevent this...
Old 01-06-2006, 05:49 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Oops! I see another thread below and some tip about another forum for this kind of question.....
Old 01-08-2006, 12:30 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try the concour thread. Tony Arosco here in San Antonio TX is the guy to contact. Tony has a detailing business and has put on demo's for us here in the Longhorn Region, PCA and knows his stuff. I've concoured cars for 38 years, but always find something new when Tony shares his knowledge.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the tip Spidy, will do!

Quick Reply: How do I remove hard water deposits from my paint?