Notices

CR-210 radio codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005 | 05:19 PM
sp4149
Track Day

Default CR-210 radio codes

I'm replacing a CR-1 radio with a CR-210 radio. I don't have a manual for the radio. How do you enter the security codes on the CR-210 radio?
thanks sp4149
Old 12-08-2005 | 08:21 PM
rwodabek
Racer

I just happen to have my CDR-210 manual right here. Here's what it says:

This radio renders itself inoperative in the case of theft. If the radio or car battery are disconnected, the radio automatically disables itself. One the radio is reinstalled or the battery is reconnected, the word "CODE", with a flashing letter "C", and the digits 1-0 appear in the display. Prior to use, the correct code must be entered via the multifunction keys.

Example: Code 1350 (preassigned to each radio and supplied to the owner on the PORSCHE RADIO CODE CARD) is entered by pressing the multifunction keys in sequence.

After the first digit is entered, the word "CODE" disappears, and the number is displayed followed by three dashes. As digits are entered, the next line in sequence flashes. At this time you can overwrite the code as often as necessary. To correct any error, you must enter the complete code. Once the correct code is displayed, enter by pushing the signal seek switch.

If you have entered an incorrect code, the word "CODE" reappears in the display. The system allows two more attempts for a total of three. After three incorrect attempts, "WAIT" is displayed. A ten minute time interval must lapse before you can attempt the coding process. You then have three more chances to enter the proper code. After then nine attempts at code entry and three waiting periods of ten minutes each, the radio will "WAIT" for sixty minutes. After sixty minutes, you will have three more chances for code entry. Should you fail at this point, "WAIT" will appear, and sixty minutes must pass before you can make another attempt.

Hope that helps!

Richard
Old 12-08-2005 | 09:35 PM
sp4149
Track Day

Thanks,
Richard, hopefully the CR-201 uses the same procedure.

-sp4149

Quick Reply: CR-210 radio codes