Notices

Long Shot: The old whaletail porsche page

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 03:34 AM
Avoid55
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Shot: The old whaletail porsche page

Ok I remember about roughly 5 years ago an indepth Porsche fan page posted on a college server in the student section by a guy named whaletail, maybe olemiss.edu the details are fuzzy in my mind however. I actually need the exact URL for the page if someone would oblige me. I found this cool site that I would think has the page archived and I'd like to look at it again, but you can only search URLs, not text. It's called the Wayback Machine http://www.archive.org/web/web.php anyways thanks for looking.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:42 AM
Avoid55
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen somewhere in the last year a veiled refernence to the site as in "the old whaletail site" I'd think someone out there has an outdated bookmark or at least a fading memory of this site, screw it, if you even remember this site just post something to make me not look like a complete idiot, his most famous article was probably the one he wrote about getting a ride in/ and driving a 993 turbo, which after the original site went dead I actually came across a site that had ripped that part of his website. Anyways it'd be really tight if this worked out, as this was probably one of my favorite top 5 websites of all time. Any post is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember the site and used to read it as well. I cannot, however, remember the url.

Greg A

Quick Reply: Long Shot: The old whaletail porsche page