Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:37 AM
stevertr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rejex Emergency

Hey all....

I have a Rejex emergency...

In the course of may last coat I got some Rejex on the silver trim moulding next to the door. During the buff out, I missed two shmears of of in the silver and it wound up sitting for 48 hours in the garage. No I can't get it off, no matter what I try.

I tried wax remover, adhesive remover scrubbing with hot water and nothing seems to work...so I have the two permenent and very noticable streaks of "haze" on the moulding.

Any ideas before I have to go to a body shop to have them wet sanded??

Steve

'04 TT
Old 10-02-2004, 01:32 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,254 Posts

I've had similar problems with other waxes. What works every time is an entire bottle of dawn dishwashing liquid - lots of suds. The greese cutting agents eat through any wax (or tree sap) I've ever run into. On the bright side, you get to wax your car again!

Good luck.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:39 PM
stevertr
Instructor

Problem Solved....

Zymol HD Cleanse prewax cleaner....

Steve
Old 10-11-2004, 04:58 PM
avelino
Intermediate

Default Rejex Emergency

The following was extracted from the Rejex site X-Auto: http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/rejx_uses.htm

"If you find that you need to remove RejeX in order to address an issue (like a water spot or a stain), then using ordinary car wax or compound (like 3M’s Perfect-It) will scrub away the RejeX allowing you to correct the issue. Repainting a RejeX’d surface only requires the ordinary repainting preparation as it contains no silicone oils.

Do not wax over RejeX, as the abrasives in the wax will remove it. RejeX is shinier and more durable than wax so you won’t be getting any of RejeX’s great benefits. Do not apply wax as a prep for RejeX either as the wax not give the RejeX a good foundation to adhere to. The wax layer will degrade quickly and will take the RejeX with it when it goes."

Quick Reply: Rejex Emergency