Notices
View Poll Results: As a Porsche owner/enthusiast, this is my educational background (kept Anonymous)
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
13.46%
Associate Degree or Technical Certification
14.42%
Four Year College Graduate
33.65%
Post Graduate
17.31%
Professional/Terminal Degree (Phd, JD, MD, etc..)
21.15%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Who drives a Porsche??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Control It
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

true! I love my 72 911...some love it more than any other....
Old 09-21-2004, 01:03 AM
rushSC
Advanced

There's a Porsche for everybody, be it a 914, 912, 924/44/68, 928, 911 or 356....It all depends on how much your willing to spend.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:33 PM
CN
Escapee
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really should have included the "High School Dropout/self taught" catagory. There is probably a very high percentage of self made successful Porsche owners.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Collegeguy04
AutoX

Thanks for the Advice CN, I tried to cover every segment possible of the poll I could think of but I guess I left that one out, I appologize. However, I think the poll results are very helpful so far in providing insight into the sort of people who either own a Porsche or are interested in them. I created the poll with the hope that it would allow us to get to know more about the other members in the forum. Personally, I am a senior in college and will be going to grad school next year. Currently I do not own a Porsche, but I have been interested in them for several years, and I hope to be able to purchase one shortly after I enter the job market. Considering the snowy climate I live in, the Cayenne might be a wise choice, although I would much rather own a sports car.
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2004, 12:15 AM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I dednt se drop out listid so eye clickd on high skool edjewcashun.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Collegeguy04
AutoX

Anyone here have a nice stereo system in their car?.. I just bought a pair of 15 inch Kickers and a Rockford amp. On another note, anybody have any recommendations of good MBA schools in the US?
Old 09-23-2004, 03:04 PM
BrianPA
Racer

Yea wharton
Old 09-23-2004, 08:19 PM
gar
AutoX

Originally Posted by Collegeguy04
Anyone here have a nice stereo system in their car?.. I just bought a pair of 15 inch Kickers and a Rockford amp. On another note, anybody have any recommendations of good MBA schools in the US?
Depends on what you want to do.

If your thing is international business, University of South Carolina or Thunderbird are the ones to look at (go with USC if you want to learn a foreign language at the same time).
Old 09-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Collegeguy04
AutoX

I want to get my MBA in either marketing or strategic decision making, plus since I will have a BS in Political Science too, I would like to get my graduate degree in that as well. I hope I get accepted to Stanford, but as safe schools I am considering UConn, Clemson, Boston Univ, and a couple ivys I might have a chance of getting in. I'm not sure if it is more competitive or less competitive to get into grad. school than it was for undergrad.. I know that there is a lot less people applying for grad school. I looked at USC and they are pretty much just limited to international business, so I ruled that one out. Perhaps UVA has something good to offer for business admn.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:26 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm.. I can't use anything in that poll since I haven't been to any types of schools like those described.. Also I'm oyt of a job and still have two Porsches..

Porsches are an addiction and I was hooked before my third birthday.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:48 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by controlit
I am proud to say I am a High School dropout.
Wow, you must have the nicest fleet of any high school dropout in the world!
Old 09-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Control It
Instructor

Thanks Jon!

I have been very lucky...I certainly did it 'my way'. But I was lucky to be in a family that was into teaching and education. even though I had difficulty in concentrating in school, my father encouraged me and taught me how to think and use my mind on a regular basis.

He was a teacher and principal to boot!

Mark
Old 09-28-2004, 12:47 AM
Moogle
Race Car

we don't need no thought control!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:08 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Default huh??????

Originally Posted by Moogle
because the 'best porsche' is not neccesarily the newest most expensive model

'porsche corp' as you so eloquently put it, hypes that model up because they have to, not that its hype, but you get the idea. it wouldn't look good if they weren't paying much fanfare to their halo supercar...

to give you the benifit of the doubt and answer your question

I'm 18, about to buy my 2nd porsche in as many years, (after a 4 month ordering wait).

it is unfair to pidgeonhole porsche owners, (as with anything else) with the criteria you provided,

that said, you will find that porsche owners are as diverse as any other, however, they all share at least a few common idiosyncrasies

1. an uncompromising attitude twoards their cars
2. the love of driving and the belief that driving is an enjoyable activity in itself
3. smart enough to buy the only car in the world that can combine real world usability and reliability with prestige that can match the best of em.

Tom
Ok not to be an a$$hole but 18 and on YOUR second Porsche? I am interested in knowing the secret of your success as I would like to apply it to my business. Really, I am serious here - it is incredibly impressive to have amassed the earning potential at 18 to purchase $100+++k cars. I would like to apply your techniques!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Collegeguy04
AutoX

Alex has a good point, I too would like the inside scoop on where I went wrong as an 18 year old in not having the buying power to start a collection of Porsches. If your parents are that generous with their money, perhaps you could get them to send me a check for my college tuition.

Quick Reply: Who drives a Porsche??