Notices

Delta Airlines Has a Porsche 911 GT3 RS at LAX As Rapid Connection Transport

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 06:55 PM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Delta Airlines Has a Porsche 911 GT3 RS at LAX As Rapid Connection Transport

Delta Airlines Has a Porsche 911 GT3 RS at LAX As Rapid Connection Transport
By Verdad Gallardo

Flying through LAX? Buckle up for a Porsche ride to catch your next flight!

Old 02-24-2024, 09:26 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 158 Posts

Yeah, they are also running at least two Cayennes in Boston. I saw a Black GTS and a Black S parked next to our plane a few weeks ago. No wonder our airline tickets are so Freakin expensive. Now I know where all the baggage fee money goes !
Old 02-24-2024, 09:39 PM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts

Another wasted allocation lol
The following 2 users liked this post by IRunalot:
9914s (03-03-2024), Nein11RS (03-06-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 11:58 PM
dave w
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDVC
Now I know where all the baggage fee money goes !
the ppl getting rides in this are spending $100k plus a year on flights. It’s not your baggage fees funding this.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:56 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dave w
the ppl getting rides in this are spending $100k plus a year on flights. It’s not your baggage fees funding this.
Sure it is. Baggage fees are almost 100% pure profit and they make billions a year off that fee. They don't make much on those platinum flyers. No baggage fees, free upgrades and also sorts of perks, just for buying a regular ticket. It's a hook, like a ride in the Porsche to keep them flying on one airline. Us less traveled folks pay for all those perks with all those added fees.
The following users liked this post:
George from MD (02-26-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
MykT
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

They provide Cayennes (at least) at all of their hubs for Million Milers, and Delta Diamonds. If you spent $79.99 on a coach ticket don't hold your breath waiting for a ride.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:37 PM
mrandell
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDVC
Sure it is. Baggage fees are almost 100% pure profit and they make billions a year off that fee. They don't make much on those platinum flyers. No baggage fees, free upgrades and also sorts of perks, just for buying a regular ticket. It's a hook, like a ride in the Porsche to keep them flying on one airline. Us less traveled folks pay for all those perks with all those added fees.
Not true but I share your frustration with Airlines. After I lost weight and quit drinking, I learned everyone else was paying for my ticket by signing up for credit cards, perks and drinking in the airport.

If you just buy a cheap seat on a reputable airline, the entire experience is fine. No need to use the bathroom a million times. Finish a book. Don't sweat and need liquids (i.e. bathroom). People get so used to their security blankets. A phone, a comforting unhealthy meal to minimize work stress. It's really just a place you stand and sit for 5 hours and then magically appear in a new place.

Airlines actually lose money or seek to break even flying people around. The real goal is to generate miles, to generate points which are sold to credit card companies. The customer is the credit card company and you are the product. What's worse is it's like gambling or any other vice. The majority of the income is paid by a small proportion of the people struggling paying back their cards. It's a vicious, insidious cycle.

"Anyone who has ever struggled with poverty knows how extremely expensive it is to be poor." - James Baldwin

So looking back at the Porsche, it's a pretty sad representation of what the airlines have become. The people who are putting rent on a credit card hoping things will get better are paying for the ride in the Porsche, not your baggage fees, per se.

Quick Reply: Delta Airlines Has a Porsche 911 GT3 RS at LAX As Rapid Connection Transport