Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,249 Posts

Old 10-26-2023, 04:19 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 917 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
But in the last 20 years I can't think of one political party becoming a Cult.
I can now.

Take a look at the new House Speaker's background and record.
And then let me know if you are in favor of cutting Social Security and Medicare by TRILLIONS.
in general, I am very much in favor of a very small government. Our founding fathers would roll over in their grave. And yes, that means even cutting entitlements.

99% of politicians are ego-driven dummys that can’t find a real job. It takes a certain type of person to stand up there and say ‘I know what everyone else needs’.
The following users liked this post:
fxz (10-26-2023)
Old 10-26-2023, 05:52 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,249 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
in general, I am very much in favor of a very small government. Our founding fathers would roll over in their grave. And yes, that means even cutting entitlements.

99% of politicians are ego-driven dummys that can’t find a real job. It takes a certain type of person to stand up there and say ‘I know what everyone else needs’.
Ok.
Got ya down for the Govt. taking away a portion of your social security that you yourself paid for.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 10-26-2023 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:19 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 917 Likes on 444 Posts

Ok.
Got ya down for the Govt. taking away a portion of your social security that you yourself paid for.
thanks for caring about me *hug*
Old 10-27-2023, 10:29 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd

Agreed. We have gone from a nation that empowered individuals to find their own ways to success to a nation that promises comprehensive care in return for obedience.
Old 10-27-2023, 10:31 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 633 Posts

Ok.
That will happen anyway in a few years.

Me, I would be happy to get back what I paid in, under promises that were just a wee bit exaggerated.
Old 10-31-2023, 05:42 AM
pjazz
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 140 Posts

Scientists, the government, and the oil industry have known Carbon output is changing our weather for 50 years. Its not about expensive electric vehicles its about having a place to live that's not underwater, on fire, or destroyed by extreme weather. It might be still reversable or slowed down. Unfortunately our attitude is put your foot on the gas and keep making excuses on why we can't do anything.
Zero emissions should be the goal electric cars is a technological step along with other technologies. We need to look whats best in the long run instead of bitching about short term high cost on what it takes to get done.

Quick Reply: Euro 7 postponement