Looking at a 2008 GT3 RS Euro Spec

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 10:34 PM
nathanmack
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking at a 2008 GT3 RS Euro Spec

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping I could get some guidance from the forum in regard to a 2008 GT3 RS with 17,000 miles on it imported from Germany to Canada back in January.

There are about five 997.1 GT3 RS for sale in Canada that were imported from Europe to Canada, and they are just not moving so I feel I might be to pick one up at a much better price over the winter if they are still sitting.

I noticed on BAT they have been selling around $230-260k recently and am wondering in 8 years when these imported units can be sold to the US market, will these Euro spec cars be of interest to the US market if I was ever to sell?

These cars have shot up in price fast as we all know the past two years and am wondering if anyone has any price predictions of where these cars will be in terms of value in 5-10 years.

It's all speculation but trying to gauge whether these cars are just at too crazy of a premium at the moment and what would be the sweet spot in terms to buy one today for purchase price.

Thank you!
Old 11-04-2023, 08:02 PM
GT4 981
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanmack
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping I could get some guidance from the forum in regard to a 2008 GT3 RS with 17,000 miles on it imported from Germany to Canada back in January.

There are about five 997.1 GT3 RS for sale in Canada that were imported from Europe to Canada, and they are just not moving so I feel I might be to pick one up at a much better price over the winter if they are still sitting.

I noticed on BAT they have been selling around $230-260k recently and am wondering in 8 years when these imported units can be sold to the US market, will these Euro spec cars be of interest to the US market if I was ever to sell?

These cars have shot up in price fast as we all know the past two years and am wondering if anyone has any price predictions of where these cars will be in terms of value in 5-10 years.

It's all speculation but trying to gauge whether these cars are just at too crazy of a premium at the moment and what would be the sweet spot in terms to buy one today for purchase price.

Thank you!
I think the older GT3 RS are certainly safe places to park some money but I never try and look at a car as an investment or you just won’t enjoy the car. If you time it right that’s a bonus tho!

as for the US market these definitely seem to be selling for more. Obey especially factoring in the exchange rate.

there are currently 3 for sale in Canada but one is on the higher mileage side. Which cars are you looking at?
The following users liked this post:
HarmonyJim (11-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Looking at a 2008 GT3 RS Euro Spec