Notices

992 Carrera S versus GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2023, 02:29 PM
15caymangts
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 992 Carrera S versus GTS?

I have finally after over two years received an allocation for a 992 GTS. The dealer has told me that I can only order the GTS not a Carrera S as that waiting list is different.
My concerns about the GTS are the price, about $165,000 plus CA sales tax, and the supposed stiff ride with the helper springs.
if I order the GTS with the 10cc raised suspension, the car will have the Carrera roll bars and springs, negating a good reason to get the GTS over the Carrera S.
My questions are, should I take the GTS with its stock suspension, opt for the raised suspension, or wait for many months or more for a Carrera S?
Thanks for any advice or opinions
15caymangts
Old 07-24-2023, 08:23 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 15caymangts
I have finally after over two years received an allocation for a 992 GTS. The dealer has told me that I can only order the GTS not a Carrera S as that waiting list is different.
My concerns about the GTS are the price, about $165,000 plus CA sales tax, and the supposed stiff ride with the helper springs.
if I order the GTS with the 10cc raised suspension, the car will have the Carrera roll bars and springs, negating a good reason to get the GTS over the Carrera S.
My questions are, should I take the GTS with its stock suspension, opt for the raised suspension, or wait for many months or more for a Carrera S?
Thanks for any advice or opinions
15caymangts

Just took delivery on my Carrera 4 GTS about a month ago, use it as my daily driver, and really the ride is fine IMO. It is a much less rough than my last car, an M5 Competition. And the performance, whoa. When you drive it, you will forget all about the Carrera S. Plus the resale down the road will be significantly better than a Carrera S. And the worst thing you could do, IMO is neuter a GTS with a non-GTS suspension. That car will be unsellable to anyone that knows a GTS.

Last edited by elvisdoc; 07-24-2023 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera S versus GTS?