Notices

Help! Is it normal to say" lets CANCEL your signed contract?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 04:29 PM
aginelo
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Is it normal to say" lets CANCEL your signed contract?

Hello Porsche Owners - I am really new to posting here but needed to ask this question as it doesn't seem correct.

I just purchased my dream car 2020 911 Turbo S Cabriolet. LOVE the car. I sat down and hand-signed all the paperwork, purchased what was stated on the contract "PFS- GAP" and a FULL Tire Protection that my understanding was also covered by Porsche. After signing I was told the computer was down and would have to resign by E -SIGNATURE because that's the only way PORSCHE can accept it.

Well, the next day I was still driving home (6 hours away to pick her up) I get a few calls from the dealer to hurry up and sign the papers. I finally got to a pit stop with WIFI and after reading the emailed version it had changed in a few areas but what was alarming was the first page was a document to CANCEL THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT.

Then one standing out was the GAP changed to - "SAFEGUARD- PORSCHE" not which was on the copies which was PFS-GAP ??

I am finally home now and settled with this beast yet don't feel comfortable signing anything that has changed on the original deal and contract. Exclamation

Any advice would be greatly appreciated here.
Thank you!!

Last edited by aginelo; 05-15-2023 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:42 AM
sketchy ventures
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This is more of a legal question, than one for the forum. Did you resolve the issue?
Old 07-19-2023, 10:05 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,429 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Originally Posted by aginelo
Hello Porsche Owners - I am really new to posting here but needed to ask this question as it doesn't seem correct.

I just purchased my dream car 2020 911 Turbo S Cabriolet. LOVE the car. I sat down and hand-signed all the paperwork, purchased what was stated on the contract "PFS- GAP" and a FULL Tire Protection that my understanding was also covered by Porsche. After signing I was told the computer was down and would have to resign by E -SIGNATURE because that's the only way PORSCHE can accept it.

Well, the next day I was still driving home (6 hours away to pick her up) I get a few calls from the dealer to hurry up and sign the papers. I finally got to a pit stop with WIFI and after reading the emailed version it had changed in a few areas but what was alarming was the first page was a document to CANCEL THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT.

Then one standing out was the GAP changed to - "SAFEGUARD- PORSCHE" not which was on the copies which was PFS-GAP ??

I am finally home now and settled with this beast yet don't feel comfortable signing anything that has changed on the original deal and contract. Exclamation

Any advice would be greatly appreciated here.
Thank you!!
@aginelo Where do things stand now?

Quick Reply: Help! Is it normal to say" lets CANCEL your signed contract?