Notices

Outdoor Car Cover Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 11:46 PM
Charles W Kim Jr
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Outdoor Car Cover Recommendations

I have factory car covers for my 981S and 982 GT4. The one for my 981S is a reflective material with a zipper. plastic click buckle, and drawstring with a huge (ugly) Porsche crest and wording on the front. There is no lining, and the material seems pretty hard (read, abrasive).

The one for my GT4 is a black stretchy material (supposedly for an RS, although I cannot imagine it has enough fabric to cover the larger rear wing) with an elastic hem. The seams on the black cover already look like they are stretching. The material, however, seems pretty soft to the touch on the lining.

Does anyone know what company is making these covers for Porsche?

Any recommendations for aftermarket companies / cover models that offer outdoor covers suitable for SoCal (some rain, lots of UV and dust)?

I'm also looking for an outdoor car cover for a 2009 E92 M3. Gotta protect that carbon fiber roof.
Old 04-26-2023, 01:02 PM
McLaren997
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Covercraft Weathershield HP, order from autogeek which saves money. This is a great material, I have been using these covers for years.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:53 PM
Atheist
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 112 Posts

Just bought a SealSkin cover for my Cayenne and am pretty satisfied with it.
Old 04-30-2023, 05:55 PM
991Flat6
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking for the same thing. Most covers work well, but it takes a awfully long time to put it on. Also, how do you guys keep the cover free from dirty, sand, and pebbles, and at the same time, not being blown away by wind?
Old 05-01-2023, 02:38 PM
Atheist
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 991Flat6
I am looking for the same thing. Most covers work well, but it takes a awfully long time to put it on. Also, how do you guys keep the cover free from dirty, sand, and pebbles, and at the same time, not being blown away by wind?
once I got the hang of it I roll it on from the front and remove it from the back rolling it forward. The Seal Skin cover has a soft cotton material liner and has straps that go under the car and clip to the other side to keep it snug in the wind. Also you should always put a cover on a relatively clean car to prevent grit from scratching the paint. Although I only cover my oldest car as it is the one kept outside so the paint has seen better days anyway.

Quick Reply: Outdoor Car Cover Recommendations