Notices

Help finding a San Diego, California shop for fender painting, recommendations please

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 03:17 PM
mtmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help finding a San Diego, California shop for fender painting, recommendations please

Hope this is ok to post. i have a 2004 Porsche 996TT cabriolet. We take great care of the car.

Over the past years we've noticed that 2 small areas on just one rear fender shows distinct fading (more white than the normal gray color) and there are 2 very small superficial cracks in the paint just at the junction of fender to the tail lamp.

There's no rust or dents or dings. I'm the third owner and am not aware of any significant repair history but i guess that must have been repainted once upon a time.

I'd like to get that rear fender repainted.

I went to 2 shops that were recommended to me as they dealt with higher end cars... and unfortunately both said they only worked on newer cars.

Anyone know of a reputable shop in the San Diego, California area that might be interested in this type of job (ideally one that won't kill us financially). thank you.
Old 02-19-2023, 06:37 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by mtmd
Hope this is ok to post. i have a 2004 Porsche 996TT cabriolet. We take great care of the car.

Over the past years we've noticed that 2 small areas on just one rear fender shows distinct fading (more white than the normal gray color) and there are 2 very small superficial cracks in the paint just at the junction of fender to the tail lamp.

There's no rust or dents or dings. I'm the third owner and am not aware of any significant repair history but i guess that must have been repainted once upon a time.

I'd like to get that rear fender repainted.

I went to 2 shops that were recommended to me as they dealt with higher end cars... and unfortunately both said they only worked on newer cars.

Anyone know of a reputable shop in the San Diego, California area that might be interested in this type of job (ideally one that won't kill us financially). thank you.
Call all of your local Porsche dealers and explain what you are looking for. They will have recommendations. Leave out the part about not wanting to be killed financially.
Old 02-19-2023, 07:04 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 308 Posts

Or send a message to your local Porsche club and see if anyone there has recommendations. I wasn’t thrilled with the shop my local Porsche dealer recommended and had them redo the whole thing - not impressive.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:29 PM
mtmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

thank you both..i will ask

Quick Reply: Help finding a San Diego, California shop for fender painting, recommendations please