Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 01:16 PM
Phantom55
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Jacking Kit Inspiration - Mobile Storage & Track Days

(Images Below)

Okay Rennlist'ers,

I'm new to Rennlist, but have already founds a ton of helpful information and made some business connections here so I thought I would take a minute to give back a little by sharing the mobile storage/track day jacking kit I put together that might be of interest to some of you.

With the current living situation being a condo, storage space is in short supply. Without a dedicated non-shared space garage for tools and toys, I strive to make things mobile and self-sufficient.

Wanting to be able to easily handle things like routine maintenance, seasonal tire swaps, and brakes jobs myself, I set out to create a custom jacking kit that I can roll-out, use and then roll back into storage with minimal fuss.

For those of you that do track days, something like this would make for a great kit to bring along to handle wheel swaps and minor repairs. Once I finally join the ranks of Porsche ownership, I'll probably bring this along when I get a chance to turn some laps with the rest of you. Keep in mind that due to the weight, it would be a 2 person job to lift it into a truck, however it's easy for one person to roll around using the extending handle.

Big thanks go to @OZGARZA for selling me his pair of Jackpoint Jackstands and to @Jpoint, the creator and manager of Jackpoint Jackstands, for hooking me up with the extra pads I need for my current stable. If you're not familiar with this product, go check them out: www.jackpointjackstands.com. They are a great solution that allows you to use the factory jack points in an ultra-safe manner.

Fine Print:
Your budget, needs, and brand preference may differ. This is simply what works for me and is shown so you can see how it all fits and perhaps give you some idea's of how you might be able to create your own kit.

Bonus Points:
The rolling tool chest doubles as a great seat and work top while doing brake jobs. If you’re a Milwaukee Packout convert, you can also lock in additional crates, toolboxes, wood worktops, + to the top making things easier to cart around. No, I don't work for Milwaukee, lol. Time is precious so I appreciate good engineering that makes things faster and easier.

Storage
  • Milwaukee Packout Rolling Tool Chest 48-22-8428, 250 Lbs Capacity (HD, ToolNut.com, ACME Tools, etc)
  • Anti-Fatigue Roll Mat 61241 - Cut To Size, Keeps Jack In Place (Harbor Freight)

Jacking
  • Arcan 3.0 Ton Professional Grade Aluminum and Steel Service Jack, 58.3 lbs (Costco)
  • Haul-Master Solid Rubber Wheel Chock (Harbor Freight)
  • Jackpoint Jackstands - 1 Pair Standard Stands (www.jackpointjackstands.com)
  • Jackpoint Jackstands - 1 Pair Low Profile Pads - Multi Model/Year Porsche, C5 & C6 Vettes
  • Jackpoint Jackstands - 1 Pair Block Pads - BMW, Mini, Porsche Panamera, Mercedes Blocks + Pinch Weld Cars
  • Jackpoint Jackstands - 2 Pair Recessed Pads - Stacked for added height on longer travel SUV suspensions

Tools
  • Milwaukee M12 Cordless Compact Tire Inflator 2475-20 (HD, ToolNut.com, ACME Tools, etc)
  • Milwaukee M18 FUEL 1/2" Mid-Torque Impact Wrench 2663-20 (HD, ToolNut.com, ACME Tools, etc)
  • Craftsman Automotive 3-piece Non-Marring Lug Nut Set (Lowes)
  • Capri Tools 30083 Torque Limiting Extension Bar Set, 5 pcs, 65-140 Ft. Lbs. (Amazon)
  • ICON 1/2 In. 40-250 Ft. Lb. Split Beam Torque Wrench (Harbor Freight)
  • Craftsman 24" Pry Bar - Cause They Are Just Handy To Have Around (Lowes)

There's actually still room to spare, so I may add a few items in the future as needed.

As always, your mileage may vary ;-)

Last edited by Phantom55; 07-21-2022 at 12:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Phantom55:
873/1960 (08-06-2022), jpoint (07-23-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 12:06 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 213 Posts

Impressive organization!! Hard to believe all that fits inside the one case. This would be great for a roll on for a trailer.
Old 07-23-2022, 11:37 AM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Mike
Glad to see those Jackpoint stands I sold you put to such efficient use. Well designed jack kit indeed!
OC

Quick Reply: Jacking Kit Inspiration - Mobile Storage & Track Days