Notices

Just an ideia: Why not merge Porsche websites?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Porsche Maniac
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just an ideia: Why not merge Porsche websites?

Hi all

I think i waste a couple hours a day search porsche websites and foruns like rennlist, since there are many other.
Wouldn't it be great if all the major Porsche websites just merged into one massive one, that provides all the best from each individual one?
For eggsample: i love the multimedia anda models section of www.flat-6.net, the amount of information on future models and the general mood of www.rennteam.com, the huge techical database and parts section of pelicanparts, the specific content of www.p-car.com, the huge forum and practicality of rennlist, and many other...

Why not merged all this into a huge one? With the best internacional classifieds section there can be, a great multimedia section, a performance and parts techical center, a Porsche model history section, foruns, parts shops, car registries, DYU zone... About all there is to know about porsche really. The site of which every porsche owner should know if asked about Porsche sites, and say "That's the definitive, the ultimate and only site you'll ever need".

I know that maybe lot's of you already had this idea, and that's not an easy one to accomplish, but i think that it would be extremelly great if it happened, and that there is Porsche passion and iniciative enough to do it. If you forum and website owners think it is "doable", try to contact each other . Just an ideia though...

Compliments
Old 04-29-2004, 08:35 PM
ettsn
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a lot like saying "Portugal is right next to Spain, and that's right next to France, so why not combine them into one great big Southwestern Euro Superstate? We could call it Frainugal!"

I'm kidding of course, but why bother? Each site has gathered a slightly different collection of well-knowledged people. Find the one you're most comfortable with, or visit them all! No sense in combining things just because you could.

-Paul
Old 04-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Frainugal!!!!

Old 04-30-2004, 04:30 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 416 Posts

or Portuspance?
or Francecipane?
or Spanigal?
Old 05-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Each forum/list has its own personality - for example, many on the 356 Talk listserv (hi y'all!) would frown on all the off topic stuff that goes on here and at the pelicanparts forums. Of course, a funny ha-ha OT thread that gets eveb a few replies quickly becomes un-manageable via email (except for us geeks).

Sometimes its good to keep 'em separated....
Old 05-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could buy your own search engine, like Veritas, that will index and search any source media you want. It can index websites, documents on servers, data-files on your local hard-drive, CD libraries, etc. Then you can just enter a search query and it will find it for our across all those sources.

Quick Reply: Just an ideia: Why not merge Porsche websites?