Notices

Specific interior carbon fiber part

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 07:30 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 405 Posts
Default Specific interior carbon fiber part

I have a 2022 turbo S and I’m looking for carbon parts for the area in this picture. I cannot believe Porsche uses black piano inserts in this area. It’s a scratch heaven. I got this picture from Techarts website. The website is very difficult to understand. I can’t figure out if I could even order these things from them. Anyway obviously they exist. Are they worthy of putting in this car? I mean are they extremely high-quality? I’m hoping somebody here knows. I didn’t post this in the 911 turbo forum because lots of Porsche‘s that I’ve seen all have the exact same interior for the most part especially in this area. Any help would be much appreciated. Also if I’m wrong about anything please understand I’m very new to this. Just correct me and let me know. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:12 PM
TJ74
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

DB Carbon makes pieces that cover that area. I think that they may stick on using 3M tape? There are a few threads mentioning the DB Carbon products with good reviews. I opted to wrap that area with 3M matte carbon wrap. There are several posts about wrapping in the “what did you buy your 992 today” thread. Here’s a pic of that area wrapped.

The following users liked this post:
Patton250 (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ74
DB Carbon makes pieces that cover that area. I think that they may stick on using 3M tape? There are a few threads mentioning the DB Carbon products with good reviews. I opted to wrap that area with 3M matte carbon wrap. There are several posts about wrapping in the “what did you buy your 992 today” thread. Here’s a pic of that area wrapped.

Thank you so much. It looks good. I know they make an actual carbon piece for the bottom part that’s of high-quality. I believe you can buy it on Suncoast? I just don’t know why they don’t make it for the two pieces to the left and right of the shifter. This model car has been out for years now. I can’t be the only one that hates that piano black. Anyway I’ll check out those threads later. I appreciate it.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:17 AM
TJ74
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree. I don’t know why that area isn’t offered in carbon even if you order the carbon fiber interior option? Yes, Suncoast has the factory carbon piece that goes around the cup holder area. The DB Carbon pieces are supposed to match the factory carbon exactly. As you can see the wrap does not. I only wrapped the pieces on either side of the gear selector and the piece with the seat heat buttons. I left the cup holder surround as is.

Quick Reply: Specific interior carbon fiber part