Notices

Garage remodel - tips?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 05:30 PM
ewmacaux
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Garage remodel - tips?

I'm exploring a garage makeover/remodel for 2022. We have pretty good space (2.5 spaces, 12ft height, nice lighting), but zero organization and the painted floor looks terrible. The garage will house my 997, my wife's Escalade, and the usual array of stuff for kids, tools, and yard stuff that doesn't go in the shed. I might eventually pick up a 958 Cayenne as a winter car (driving the 997 is Boston winters is actually pretty fun, but not always practical), in which case I'd install a 4-post lift. I'm thinking cabinets and flooring (probably tile, but still TBD), and the aforementioned 4-post lift. For those that have been down this road, any tips that you wish you had known during the planning phase? We are not at the stage yet where I want to get a contractor involved, so I'm hoping some of the folks here have some lessons learned from their own experience.

Last edited by ewmacaux; 01-22-2022 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added car needs.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:54 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts

There’s a garagejournals.com forum that you could spend hours on using to learn.

I added a garage to my last house and a lift. For one, whatever goes on the list gets driven less because it’s more of a process to take on and off then you anticipate. For two, make sure a Cayenne will fit under the lift. I remember my wife’s MDX didn’t.

Quick Reply: Garage remodel - tips?