Enclosed transportation services Florida to California

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 03:15 AM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Enclosed transportation services Florida to California

Hi All,
Do you have any recommendation for a reputable transportation services - Florida to California? It looks like Most companies are brokers. Are there any big known/reputable companies who have their own carriers?

I have used big name Brokers in the past (Montiway etc.), problem is the actual contracting transporter sometimes does not agree with he original quote, so have to have a another round of negations.

Let me know.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:28 AM
DeviousDog
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had a car delivered from Florida this week, I used https://jplogistics.net/. No issues.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:58 AM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Shipping

I just received a quote for shipping my 911 from Reno, NV to NW PA from Intercity Lines in MA. They do all the transport in their own trucks and are not a broker. I got burned with a broker coming out West 4 years ago when my car was picked up by members of the Russian mob! Be wary as they are all over in the transport industry. Needless to say it wasn’t a good experience.
Intercity is very professional and only uses hard side enclosed trailers.
Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
Intercity Lines (12-31-2020)
Old 01-14-2021, 06:35 AM
Charlie Wex
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chamilka
Hi All,
Do you have any recommendation for a reputable transportation services - Florida to California? It looks like Most companies are brokers. Are there any big known/reputable companies who have their own carriers?

I have used big name Brokers in the past (Montiway etc.), problem is the actual contracting transporter sometimes does not agree with he original quote, so have to have a another round of negations.

Let me know.
Nowadays it is not easy to find a suitable company that provides quality car shipping services.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:05 AM
DanT88
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chamilka
Hi All,

Let me know.
I had the same problem recently . I had the same situation as you. I needed to move my Toyta camry 2020 SE I started searching the internet for an answer to my question and came across this website https://transportgator.com/the-best-...pping-company/. You can read the information you are interested in here and not only.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:21 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 31 Posts

I will need the same type of service going the other way (CA -> FLA) in two years. What is the price range of shipping a car with a good company from coast to coast? I will need to ship 3 cars in total. Ideally, I would like all 3 of them to be enclosed. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:25 PM
DeviousDog
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 911
I will need the same type of service going the other way (CA -> FLA) in two years. What is the price range of shipping a car with a good company from coast to coast? I will need to ship 3 cars in total. Ideally, I would like all 3 of them to be enclosed. Thanks.
I just paid $2,800 enclosed
The following 2 users liked this post by DeviousDog:
911 (01-22-2021), FutureCaymanGuy (01-24-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 02:38 AM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks all for your support. I had my car delivered through LPLogistics, below is my feedback for any potential Rennlisters:
No issues with the car. Car came in an extremely large 5 car enclosed transporter and what looked to be a serious looking truck. The enclosed section did not appear to be hard shell but I could be wrong. The truck did not have any company names written/displayed on it so not I am sure the truck is owned by them or not. The driver was an East European dude.
Price was significant more than your typical broker transporters, however the service level did not match up with pricing.
Customer service can be lot better; I found their communication style to be little rough. They will not update you with ETA but only call a day in advanced, you basically cannot make any plans for 10 days as they will not give any ideas regarding ETS.
I might consider intercity next time, they are probably more professional. Their pricing was little bit more than LPLogistics.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:25 AM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 127 Posts

Yep, same issues I had with the Russians a few years ago only I got stung for the money once I tried to back out.
I learned the hard way so this time I called Intercity first, no questions asked.
At least your cars made it OK without damage, that’s the good part.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:35 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DeviousDog
I just paid $2,800 enclosed
Thanks, DeviousDog!

Btw - which transport company did you use?

Last edited by 911; 01-22-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:22 PM
FutureCaymanGuy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used (and am in the process of using again for my Cayman purchase) Passport Transport and they have treated me well. I know Intercity is very good, and Reliable as well.
Old 11-03-2023, 07:18 AM
Leonardo Baxter
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up a lot of useful information from the comments, thanks.
Old 11-03-2023, 09:26 AM
BearsTransport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Feel free to PM me for rates and schedules - see our recommendatins and reviews right here on Rennlist .
Liz
847-810-7641
https://bearstransport.com/

Old 11-06-2023, 03:01 PM
Changster
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Intercity

I used Intercity Lines from GA to CA. Great service and Intercity provided updates so you will know exactly when the car would be delivered. Cost was about $2500(enclosed) and they are not a broker.
The following users liked this post:
Intercity Lines (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 04:25 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Montway Transport
montway.com

They shipped my Cayenne 2,400 miles eastward from the selling dealer in NorCal. Full satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Enclosed transportation services Florida to California