Notices

Driving Impression - Cayenne Coupe vs. Panamera ST

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 12:15 AM
joe'sdad
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Driving Impression - Cayenne Coupe vs. Panamera ST

We're looking to trade in our GLS550 (great vehicle) and really digging in to the differences. Aside from functional differences of size... has anyone driven these two great cars back to back? Of course finding the right 2020 ST will be tough, and glad that the 2021 will have wireless Apple CarPlay, we're pitting like-priced cars against each other... the Cayenne Coupe Turbo against the ST GTS, or a step down to the Cayenne Coupe e-hybrid or GTS against the ST 4S.

My best guess is that Cayenne just a powerful SUV and the ST a much better driving car (more like my 991) even with the power difference? I'm feeling that the power doesn't really benefit the handling and going ST will be a night and day improvement. But the usability on longer trips and as a family truckster leans me toward the Cayenne... but then I remember that the Panamera is still a sportier compare to the S-Class, 7-Series, and 8/7.

That said, I'm betting that the planned new ST 4S e-Hybrid will be a great car even without the V-8, likely close to the Turbo numbers. I don't think that powerplant is coming to Cayenne.

Any thoughts or impressions are appreciated... any knowledge of when the final specs/build config will drop on 2021 models? Looks like the ST is getting Aventurine Green and the Cayenne is getting Shark Blue for '21...
Old 03-09-2021, 09:53 AM
Propofoln
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by joe'sdad
We're looking to trade in our GLS550 (great vehicle) and really digging in to the differences. Aside from functional differences of size... has anyone driven these two great cars back to back? Of course finding the right 2020 ST will be tough, and glad that the 2021 will have wireless Apple CarPlay, we're pitting like-priced cars against each other... the Cayenne Coupe Turbo against the ST GTS, or a step down to the Cayenne Coupe e-hybrid or GTS against the ST 4S.

My best guess is that Cayenne just a powerful SUV and the ST a much better driving car (more like my 991) even with the power difference? I'm feeling that the power doesn't really benefit the handling and going ST will be a night and day improvement. But the usability on longer trips and as a family truckster leans me toward the Cayenne... but then I remember that the Panamera is still a sportier compare to the S-Class, 7-Series, and 8/7.

That said, I'm betting that the planned new ST 4S e-Hybrid will be a great car even without the V-8, likely close to the Turbo numbers. I don't think that powerplant is coming to Cayenne.

Any thoughts or impressions are appreciated... any knowledge of when the final specs/build config will drop on 2021 models? Looks like the ST is getting Aventurine Green and the Cayenne is getting Shark Blue for '21...
sorry no one replied. What did you go with?

Quick Reply: Driving Impression - Cayenne Coupe vs. Panamera ST