Notices

PPI Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 06:09 PM
Goldenzrule
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Default PPI Question

I am trying to get a PPI done on a car. The dealer said I have to first agree to the price and leave a deposit before they will bring the car for the PPI. Is this the norm or shady?
Old 06-22-2020, 11:33 PM
seel2000
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldenzrule
I am trying to get a PPI done on a car. The dealer said I have to first agree to the price and leave a deposit before they will bring the car for the PPI. Is this the norm or shady?
I don’t have a definitive answer for that but mine was done without either. Good luck!
Old 01-10-2022, 09:13 PM
mlenox
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I probably did everything wrong, but I did check the reputation of the selling dealer (they specialized in muscle cars so my C2 was out of the ordinary). I spoke with the dealer in Texas, immediately liked them and placed a deposit on the car once I asked a few questions and checked the carfax. Since the car was always in Arizona, I wasn't too worried about rust. It was a crapshoot, but, when I received the car, I was pleased. It still needed about $2k to sort out, but on a 25-year-old car, I expected that.
Overall, I am really pleased. I love this car and the camaraderie that I found with it. I am now selling my 997 in the hopes of picking up another air-cooled. These cars were made without the thought of 'planned obsolescence so the build quality is something special. That being said they are getting old and will need things as they age no matter what.
Good luck finding the one that speaks to you!
Old 01-13-2022, 12:26 PM
JimEb
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 89 Posts

I didn't necessarily agree to the price as that would kind of be dependent on the results of the PPI. I assume the asking price is within your realm of expectations otherwise you wouldn't have gotten to this point?

I don't think putting hold money down on the car is unreasonable. That kind of benefits both parties. Lets the seller know your a serious buyer and gives the buyer some comfort that the car isn't going to be sold from under them while they make arrangements.

Quick Reply: PPI Question