Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 03:57 PM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Story of 914 Both Typical and Atypical of Porsche

Story of 914 Both Typical and Atypical of Porsche
By Brett Foote

The Porsche 914 is a fascinating case study with an interesting history and story to tell.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:18 PM
shus2006croc
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

It is.

Having sold my original 914 3 years ago. I'm not a car collector and this is the reason I sold it.

Porsche may well be in the same position that they were back in the late 60's when they started discussing the next model and when they knew that laws and markets where changing. Fortunately fuel and availability worked in their favor and the 914 was a hit in the US.

Things are changing in the automotive industry and the article in Pano about this I agree with in regard to EV's

Porsche doesn't want to miss out on a generation of people or a potential market, without a mid or entry level vehicle in any class. The SUV is now their bread and butter....not the 718.

I posed this question directly to the program engineer for the Taycan when they were in Eastvale this last Summer

They know it is a potential problem and insinuated that they are working on it.

Edit:

I might add....I stayed with the mid-engined platform to buy a used Cayman S with only half the proceeds of the 914 I sold, ironically enough.

Quick Reply: Story of 914 Both Typical and Atypical of Porsche