Notices

BEWARE!!!: LAPorsche (RANT)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 02:27 AM
empowerd
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down BEWARE!!!: LAPorsche (RANT)

After working hard the past 2 weeks trying to prepare my car for it's first trade-show appearence (this weekend) I am saddened to say it will NOT be ready due to selfish circumstances (read on).

I have been searching high and low for front fenders (I needed some parts to complete it) and finally found some (in January) at a Porsche wrecker in Los Angelos (LAPorsche). The owner claimed to have the proper "turbo" fenders I required and they were in "mint" condition. I paid a HEAFTY price for these used items which were shipped to Toronto 3 weeks later (they don't take VISA, had to wire the money first). Whatta you know? The wrong damn fenders show up! They're non-turbo 993 and I have to live with them due to availability and time constraints.

The difference was the lower rocker panel. The turbo body has a flare to the rocker panel... stock 993's rounded inwards (see pic). After many (30+) phone calls to LA trying to reach the owner, he finally agreed to cut off the lower part of some turbo fenders he had and ship the bottoms up so my body shop can weld them on before painting them silver. This was last Wed. I specifically asked him to send the parts up FedEx overnight and I'd even pay for the extra shipping costs. Friday afternoon comes... no truck. I track the parcel's waybill and find it with FedEx-GROUND destined for T.O. on March 5th!!!

Most of you are wondering "what show?" or "who cares.. it's just a show?" but the car has many sponsors depending on the appearence for several new product launches here in Canada (remember, it's still snowy winter here too). Everything was coming together fine and many people spent countless hours the past 4 weeks making the car presentable (stereo installer, bodyshop, upholstery, mechanic, etc)... all to fail because the owner of LAPorsche couldn't send a 5lb package next day. I'm absolutely livid.

BEWARE WHEN PURCHASING FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2004, 07:08 PM
markwemple
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is amazing how 3000 miles can turn a business owner into an a##h*&le. I hope he gets what he deserves!
Old 10-19-2004, 06:17 AM
mdreuben
Intermediate

I recently dealt with these people and found them to be uncaring, too rushed to have a conversation, and unresponsive to emails. I am still waiting to resolve the problems.

The worst Porsche supplier I've dealt with in 10 years of owning 911s
Old 10-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I have had a similar negative experience with LAPorsche....missing pieces.....overpriced too.....AK
Old 10-21-2004, 02:28 AM
Moogle
Race Car

what do you expect? its essentially a hyped up chop shop.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:37 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Parts Heaven is great to deal with. ask for Jeff. 1-800-767-7250. New and used, great prices, lots of know-how and clean California parts. No affilliation, etc. Just a very satisfied customer for 15+ years now.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Kesepton
Racer

file a BBB report if they are in it and get some paper work going. Make em change or run them out of business. Sorry to hear about it man, some people are real ******.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,200 Likes on 1,241 Posts

The BBB is a joke, don't waste your time. They are an independent agency, no powers at all. There is a local shop here with a huge file with the BBB, nothing changes, nobody does anything.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I am guessing a negative review on Rennlist may be more powerful than a complaint to the BBB. AK
Old 11-04-2004, 05:49 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

empowerd-

Thanks for taking the time to warn us. I was just about to transact some business w/ these people, but have decided to look for other sources for the parts I need based on the response I've seen in this post.

Sorry to read of your problems w/ them and hope you can get it resolved.

Mahalo!

Quick Reply: BEWARE!!!: LAPorsche (RANT)