Notices

Prior Theft Recovery

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 10:03 AM
GPappy
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Prior Theft Recovery

I have found a fairly clean 1999 911 with 75K miles. It is a Cabriolet with a good top, no sheet metal damage, no warning lights, starts and drives well. It has a Prior Salvage title due to theft recovery but I can pick it up for $9K. Looking for a daily driver so thought this might be an option. Am I off base buying a car like this. It appears that I can get it licensed with full coverage but I am not sure what they will pay if the car is damaged.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:50 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

A dent would total it. check book value. Should not take long to get $9K of use. Part it out and it would be worth a considerable amount.
The following users liked this post:
Joehatz (07-07-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 10:31 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,098 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by GPappy
I have found a fairly clean 1999 911 with 75K miles. It is a Cabriolet with a good top, no sheet metal damage, no warning lights, starts and drives well. It has a Prior Salvage title due to theft recovery but I can pick it up for $9K. Looking for a daily driver so thought this might be an option. Am I off base buying a car like this. It appears that I can get it licensed with full coverage but I am not sure what they will pay if the car is damaged.
Buy it. Drive it. Enjoy it.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:48 AM
GPappy
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

I did buy the car this weekend. It runs and drives well although this being my first 911 I am not sure exactly what the performance should be like. Only 3 squawks so far and all were known before I purchased. It has a tear on the drivers side bolster that will need to be fixed, there is a Subwoofer built into the floor on the passengers side which significantly reduces legroom that will need to be replaced, and it is an tipmatic. Oh well, at least my wife can drive it so it made it an easier sell.

Like RONGLOS said, I will drive it and if anything should happen I can always part it out.

Looking forward to learning more about the mechanical side of the car.

Quick Reply: Prior Theft Recovery