Notices

VERY odd Porsche lease experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 03:37 AM
bmwconvert
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VERY odd Porsche lease experience

Wanted to see if anyone had any experience or knew about a very odd leasing experience with Porsche that my friend dealt with.

He returned a 2 year old Cayenne lease early to lease a Macan. They willing took the Cayenne early to put him into a Macan. They were somewhat embarrassed to share the price being it was more than his Cayenne payment. So this is were the weirdness starts. They sold him the car, had him return it, and then leased it back to him as a used car. He signed the docs, had a lease agreement, and left the dealership. He had the car for 3 days, drove it some, then the Porsche dealership called and said they needed to come pick the car up. Their excuse, it was a 39 month lease and their only option was to lease it at 36 months. AND at 36 months it would cost them 15K upfront. They took the car AND returned the Cayenne that they traded in/took back. What the hell just happened???

Is it just me or has this ever happened to anyone before. He's both furious and confused to how this happened. He had a SIGNED lease agreement and they violated it by taken the car back without a valid reason per the agreement. Does he have any recourse? Maybe get Porsche USA involved? Thanks for any info.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:27 PM
Maui911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following this post
Old 05-20-2019, 02:45 PM
Grapeape
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

It appears to me that someone committed a financing fraud. Someone else recognized it at which point they then concocted a reason to reverse the transaction. Should not have given the car back and retained a lawyer.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:05 AM
r_32
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the dealer stole his car. Have him call the police.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:32 AM
Targaone1
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Legal stuff is not going to be fun

Wow , i have never heard about something so messed up. I would not know where to begin. Not sure if anything the dealership did was legal after they terminated the first lease. When you getting another car... i know they end contracts and such.. but dont know if a manager or accountant signs off on that , or porsche lease division or sales makes a financial decision what numbers will work.

I bought maybe ten or 15 new cars and trucks in my life. I had three lemon law terrible new cars in a row.. jeep , jeep , ford f150.. and bought used high end expensive sports cars. And had fewer problems in ten years.. then ten months of the three i purchased.

I only leased one jetta which went fine. The car just trouble prone... but i did all my own work after the warranty ended.

I cant imagine getting into a lease and having to deal with all the foolishness that happened. Buying and returning and then leasing the car seems nuts... if they wanted to lower the value they could have made it a demo for a few weeks then leased it at a cheaper price... if porsche would sign off on that..

Quick Reply: VERY odd Porsche lease experience