Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 183 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Almost Everything You Need to Know about European Delivery

Almost Everything You Need to Know about European Delivery
By Brian Wood

Interested in taking delivery of your new Porsche in a special way? We have nearly everything you need to prepare for it right here.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:48 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Just be prepared for a lot of changes from Porsche. European Deliveries are subject to so many variables that prospective Euro del customers need to keep flexible. Very flexible. I’d done two European deliveries decades apart. While the factory works very hard to accommodate these customers keep in mind that there are significant logistical constraints to making these things come off without a hitch. Just be patient. Delay airline and hotel plans and reservations until you have a solid checkpoint nine date. With the ‘epidemic’ things only get harder. Keep your special Exclusive parts to a minimum. They are routinely longer lead items and add additional risk to your order. For example, ordering a Paint To Sample car added a ninth month to my already delayed order. If you can, see if they still offer a ‘Spring Tour’ or ‘Fall Tour’ to their European Delivery calendar. These two events offer more for no additional fee. Remember the old expression: “Indecision is the key to flexibility.” Stay flexible. I put about 3000 miles on mine in four weeks. Go ahead and extend your time in the seat over there if you can open up your schedule. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy. You can also check out an article I wrote for PCA’s Panamera in February 2008–about European Deliveries.

Last edited by Edgy01; 08-24-2021 at 03:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
The_Backmarker (09-02-2021)

Quick Reply: Almost Everything You Need to Know about European Delivery