Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Porsche Taycan EV is Ready for Production

Porsche Taycan EV is Ready for Production
By Jakob Hansen

Porsche is hitting the final stages of the Taycan development, and it is set to boast over 600 HP.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:09 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Copied from electric thread.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:35 PM
MidEngineRules
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 151 Posts

I barely remember an article from Cycle or Cycle World magazine circa 1986 that was titled, "This RG500 Gamma just made your 750 obsolete." Back then 750cc motorcycles ruled the day in production racer replicas. Well a little 500cc 4 cylinder 2-stroke came along and crushed all the 750s. I think the Taycan might be the car that makes all our gas powered Porsches obsolete. Although the car won't share any DNA with the historics that made Porsche the company it grew to be, and not having the Porsche sound from a flat 6 will totally suck, you won't be able to argue the merits of this car's performance. Most Porsches I've owned have been more toy than transportation. The Taycan is no toy. It's a serious high performance people hauler. That won't make we want one until such a time gas powered cars are just for old farts who long for something noisy and greasy. I'm not opposed to progress. Almost surprised we still have air-filled tires. Can't someone come up with a ultra lightweight "filler" that gives the same character as air?? That's some tech I can use.

Quick Reply: Porsche Taycan EV is Ready for Production