Launch Vehicle Build code - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Launch Vehicle Build code

Old 03-03-2019, 09:08 AM
SUPWAGON
User

Default Launch Vehicle Build code

I recently purchased a Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo, The build sheet has a line indicating that it is a launch vehicle. Does anyone know if there is any benefits in terms of build quality or anything special about the car? It is very nicely optioned with the cosmetic options all blending well so its a good looking car. As for performance options it has almost everything except dynamic chassis. Any insight would be appreciated. The car was purchased new with only 200 miles on it.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:35 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

You would probably get more replies in the appropriate forum: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/
Old 03-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Kitc2246
User

My 09 Boxster PDK is a "launch car". It introduced the 2.9L engine and PDK transmission. Each dealer was allotted so many (if any) "launch cars" for the beginning of the 09 model year. They were all Guards Red, PDK, heated and ventilated seats and heated steering wheel. They are all obviously built very early in 2008 at the same time. You could say that the quality might be better because of doing the same build, but also the first build of a new model. The dealer should be able to tell you how many other "clones" you have.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.