Blaupunkt Amplifier re-Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 11:59 AM
investlt
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Blaupunkt Amplifier re-Wiring

Hi All,

I posted a similar topic in the 964 Forum but received no response. Here's my delema:
Purchased a CR 220 to go in my 964 (no previous radio)
Purchased all of the wiring harnesses from Becker USA for the CR 220
Went to install, found an 8-pin DIN plug for the Balupunkt Amp

What do I do? Can I re-wire the amp to plug into the RCA Female plugs of the CR 220? Or maybe buy an adapted? (Simplest solution) Do I bypass the amp and wire the speakers to the CR 220, or do I replace the amp?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:15 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a CR 220 - and in fact, I saw your post on the 964 board but I will answer now.

Earlier this year, I noticed my amp wasn't connected to my Alpine head unit. I went to the stereo shop and asked about connecting it - and they said I couldn't with that connector. They also said that given that the amp is so old, it would be of limited benefit anyway.

I said I guess that meant I should buy another one, and asked them whether it was worth it. They asked whether I found the stereo loud enough already with it's built in amplification, to which I answered yes - it was fine. Their answer was that if I was happy with how loud it was now, it wasn't worth getting an amp and I should save my money - leaving the speakers connected straight to the head unit.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:56 PM
investlt
Instructor

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will run the speaker wire directly to the unit. I was hoping to avoid this since the amp plug was already there and the speaker s are wired to the amp.

John
Old 02-07-2004, 06:35 PM
investlt
Instructor

Well, I figured I would try the amp before I discarded it. I cut the DIN plug off the cable in the dash, spliced the wires (4 -Brown, White, Green, Yellow) to RCA Plugs and the Red wire to the Ant/Amp power source. Pluged everything in and viola it worked. Just need to keep an eye on the battery to make sure I have everything grounded OK.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:04 PM
DustinTarditi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat - nobody has a pin diagram for the DIN 45 326 connector?

Which wires went to which speaker inputs?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Blaupunkt Amplifier re-Wiring