Notices

Tested the new Panamera Turbo - A little disappointed. Would like other opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 08:08 PM
kgroschi
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Tested the new Panamera Turbo - A little disappointed. Would like other opinions.

Hi guys,

so I got to test my friends Panamera Turbo for a few days, and while I am a huge Porsche fan and had my best moments in Porsches (GT RS 4.0 or 991.1 GT3), I am a little disappointed by the new Panamera (Turbo). The car felt quite uncomfortable here on California Highways and when I drove fast, it wasn't emotionally engaging at all. Also, the interior looked good at first sight, but then looking closer, it was somewhat cheap. Like there is unlid buttons in the center console, that will be lid when you have this particular option. Or every Panamera has some unlid Hybrid button in the center console, which I think is a ridiculous way to save money. What do you guys think? Any Panamera owners here? Would love to hear from you.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:51 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Just a heads-up, there's a Panamera subforum: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/
Originally Posted by kgroschi
Also, the interior looked good at first sight, but then looking closer, it was somewhat cheap. Like there is unlid buttons in the center console, that will be lid when you have this particular option. Or every Panamera has some unlid Hybrid button in the center console, which I think is a ridiculous way to save money.
Hasn't this been the case with Porsche since quite a while? Every modern Porsche road car has blanks in place of buttons for options that you didn't pick (and I don't think you can actually fill in every single one on models like the 991 911). With the newer Panamera/Cayenne buttons blanks aren't so obvious at least.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:38 PM
kgroschi
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMartinni
Just a heads-up, there's a Panamera subforum: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/
Hasn't this been the case with Porsche since quite a while? Every modern Porsche road car has blanks in place of buttons for options that you didn't pick (and I don't think you can actually fill in every single one on models like the 991 911). With the newer Panamera/Cayenne buttons blanks aren't so obvious at least.
Yes there have always been blanks, but now you can see the blank even more obviously. You can clearly see the label of the buttons that you don't have available. Before it was just a true blank. So I don't understand why you would say that the new blanks aren't as obvious at least?

Quick Reply: Tested the new Panamera Turbo - A little disappointed. Would like other opinions.