Notices

buying 997.2 long distance, Ca to CT

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:42 AM
bzalforno
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default buying 997.2 long distance, Ca to CT

I am looking to buy a 997.2 with reasonable mileage from a private seller. He has title in hand and i had the car ppi'd at the shop he uses which has a very good rep in So. Cal. It has a new rear bumper with respray with invoice for 6K. it will appear on carfax soon. , otherwise carfax is great, showing plenty of maintenance by Porsche dealer in LA. 2 owners. no accidents.
. i asked him to check especially for oil leaks, bushings motor mounts. etc. this shop had done all four brakes and rotors recently and car has recent Michelin Pilot Sports all around.The shop owner knows the car and said it is nice car.
Question?
How do i do the transaction safely? do i open a domestic letter of credit where my bank pays when it receives the signed bill of lading from Reliable or Interstate, which means the car is definitely on the truck?
Alternatively, how do i know that one of these escrow services that have popped up over the recent internet years don't evaporate with my 40K?
I no longer have family in LA are to hand over a bank check and take the title and keys to put it onto the truck.
Plus i leave with my family for Italy this Monday afternoon Oct 8th for two weeks!!
Thanks to forum members with ideas or offers to help
Bob in CT
thanks to forum members with ideas or offers to help.
Bob in CT
Old 10-10-2018, 04:30 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where in CA is the car? I'm sure one of us here could help with meeting owner, etc., etc. You need to get the word out in car Forum, general Forum, regional forum, etc. to improve chances of finding someone.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:04 PM
mbox
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCal RJ
Where in CA is the car? I'm sure one of us here could help with meeting owner, etc., etc. You need to get the word out in car Forum, general Forum, regional forum, etc. to improve chances of finding someone.
True, if it is somewhere nearby one of us could check it out for you!
Good luck!

Quick Reply: buying 997.2 long distance, Ca to CT