Notices

Engine cover struts

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Engine cover struts

someone mentioned that their engine cover struts failed. so i remember the post and checked mine. now i hardly ever pop the lid unless doing a semi-service oil change. yup, they dont hold the lid open. i’ve had many cars over the year and dont ever remember the struts going bad. Not yelliing at Porsche as many for the parts that make up the whole are not made by P. She’s still under extended warranty. Dealer ordered parts, 15 min job in and out. just sayin.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:30 PM
osbjmg
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it's just so hot back there, those poor deck lid struts can't hack it indefinitely.
I didn't think to ask the dealer to do this. Did they say what they cost them?

Just to write this down in case it helps anyone in the future:
I am not sure if we can link anything here, but I found the partsgeek website helpful in determining the right part numbers for the hood/deck struts.
I cannot recall why I didn't order from them and went with Amazon, as I usually patronize helpful stores/websites when I can, but as I recall their prices were much higher than what I could find on Amazon so I had to go that route.

I then found it on amazon "Tuff Support 614479" for my 2014 C2S, fast and easy swap!

Last edited by osbjmg; 07-12-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:37 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

thanks for the info. i’ll copy in case they go south again after warranty is up. sorry, didnt get what they cost as i didnt pay.

Quick Reply: Engine cover struts