Notices

Paint protection film on 911

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 09:17 PM
LP187
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint protection film on 911

Hi All - i recently had PPF installed on my new 911. Everything looks great - except i wonder, for those of you with PPF, is it common for installers to cut around the Porsche letters or badges or to go under it to avoid the appearance of cut lines? my installer cut around and the front badge looks great - straight cuts and can barely see it. However the rear bumper is slightly more noticeable, where the film was cut around the Porsche letters. The lines are straight, but basically boxes cut out for each letter. Do good installers normally do it like this, to avoid complications from popping off the lettering? or would this be considered laziness by the installer? thank you .
Old 11-20-2017, 05:36 AM
Kaduku
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LP187
Hi All - i recently had PPF installed on my new 911. Everything looks great - except i wonder, for those of you with PPF, is it common for installers to cut around the Porsche letters or badges or to go under it to avoid the appearance of cut lines? my installer cut around and the front badge looks great - straight cuts and can barely see it. However the rear bumper is slightly more noticeable, where the film was cut around the Porsche letters. The lines are straight, but basically boxes cut out for each letter. Do good installers normally do it like this, to avoid complications from popping off the lettering? or would this be considered laziness by the installer? thank you .
I would had not done the rear bumper, maybe the sides just behind the wheels. That would have been alot of work for them to cut exactly around the letters and you wouldn't want them to remove the letters and try to place them back perfectly unless they have a good template.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:00 PM
LP187
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thats what i thought. thank you for your reply. yes i didn't think about how the rear lettering would turn out, but i am in the city and feel better about having it protected to prevent swipes from parking etc. it is only noticeable when very close. from 5 feet away it is completely invisible. i think they did a nice job and the rest of the film on the vehicle is barely visible.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Kaduku
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LP187

ok thats what i thought. thank you for your reply. yes i didn't think about how the rear lettering would turn out, but i am in the city and feel better about having it protected to prevent swipes from parking etc. it is only noticeable when very close. from 5 feet away it is completely invisible. i think they did a nice job and the rest of the film on the vehicle is barely visible.
Yes, not bad at all. I would have love doing a complete car installation but just too much $$$.

Quick Reply: Paint protection film on 911