CPO service history question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 05:37 PM
malloc
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question CPO service history question

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, though I've been reading the forums while researching for a vehicle to buy. I'm planning on buying my first Porsche (a Boxster GTS) and I'm looking for a CPO vehicle. I've noticed a lot of the dealers don't have any service history on the vehicles they're selling, and Carfax often doesn't show any history or shows something generic like "Maintenance inspection completed".

I've found a vehicle I'm interested in, but the earliest date for which Carfax shows an oil and filter change is at approx. 6,800 miles and 2.5 yrs after the new vehicle delivery date. It's since had an oil and filter change as part of the CPO, but it bothers me that there's no record of an oil and filter change especially within the first 12 months for the break-in period.

My questions are:
- Is it common for a vehicle like a Porsche to be lacking service history or any service paperwork in the manual/maintenance booklet?
- If the first oil change was 2.5 yrs after vehicle delivery (at 6,800 miles), would you be concerned about this?
- Will this affect the CPO and remaining vehicle warranty, assuming there's no record of the 12 month/10k mile oil changes required by Porsche (as far as I know)?

The dealer has simply been telling me there's no service records, and they did everything required for the CPO (including an oil and filter change for the two year service now at close to 3 yrs from the delivery date) and that there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: CPO service history question