Notices

Buying my first new Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 01:19 PM
randallcjoy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying my first new Porsche

I'm going soon to buy my first new Porsche - a 2018 Panamera. I am wondering how much the sticker prices are negotiable as compared to other car manufacturer dealerships??
Old 09-13-2017, 02:02 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats! Usual discount is around 5% to 8% off MSRP depending on model and location with exception of GT cars
Old 09-14-2017, 05:31 PM
wanderingwheelz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Porsche has some concern that Panamera sales will trend lower pretty quickly once the initial demand begins to burn off, so if your goal is max discount I'd wait if you're able to. Though most people would call me a liar I've gotten a 20% discount on a brand new 911 before, a car that was literally on the showroom floor. Each deal is different, but until you've made a buying commitment you'll never know for sure what the selling price will be. The day I bought the 911 that I just mentioned the dealership lost two deals that day. What I'm saying is, no matter the car brand, timing is everything once you get past the "standard" 5% to 7% that Porsche has done well to perpetuate.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:07 PM
SA_Sean
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with wanderingwheelz; timing for the dealership is perhaps the biggest factor. Are they having a rough year/quarter/month/week/day? There are numerous threads on this very topic and I think you'll find that if you reach out to multiple dealers and can be patient (if your situation allows it), this enhances your possibility of getting a good/better deal.

I recently reached out to all the dealers in my state and got a wide range of responses - some didn't reply at all, some scoffed and said there are no discounts on newly ordered vehicles, some offered 3%, but two dealers agreed to my proposed 9%. I would advocate using the internet to do substantially all of your research to figure out how you want your car configured and what range of discount is being had on your model, then approach dealers with your spec'd out car and proposed discount.

Hope this helps; Godspeed.

Quick Reply: Buying my first new Porsche