Notices

Double Din Carplay/Android Auto Head unit fits Vinatage Porsche without modification!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 10:42 AM
912E
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Double Din Carplay/Android Auto Head unit fits Vinatage Porsche without modification!

There will be those who say, why do you need this tech etc. but for those who know how great it is... this is for you!

I think I may have discovered some good news for folks who want to install an Android Auto or Carplay head unit in their vintage Porsche.

I never would have cared, as I drive my 912E without even using a radio. The reason I started looking into this is because my DD Ford Focus RS has Android Auto, and now has Waze on the screen. In the few months that I've had this, it has become essential to me.

Anyhow, I started looking for single din flip up units, but I found out that those will not clear the top of the dash- so I had to find a single din-non flip up unit. Those unfortunately do not exist as far as I could find.

What I did find though, is that Sony makes a double din sized screen that slots into a single din slot! I have not installed it yet, but I wanted to share one photo to show what it will look like. There should be no modification at all necessary to the dash (which is important to me and I'm sure many of you).

I am planning on selling this car and moving to a 993, so I may never actually hook it up- but I wanted y'all to know about this unit and how cleanly it fits- it does stick out about half an inch more than it should, but I see this as a small price to pay.

Let me know your thoughts!

Old 09-19-2017, 05:43 PM
912E
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have sold this vehicle, and will be installing this unit in my 993- will post pics shortly!

Quick Reply: Double Din Carplay/Android Auto Head unit fits Vinatage Porsche without modification!