For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Gorgeous 1988 Carrera for sale in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 11:58 AM
immaculatestyles
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gorgeous 1988 Carrera for sale in Los Angeles

For sale in Los Angeles I have a 1988 Porsche Carrera in absolutely immaculate condition, inside, outside and mechanically. Highly desirable color combo of granite green/gray over linen.

$45k obo

If you are looking at this listing, you know what this is so I won't go on and on here. The car basically looks brand new. Your paint meter will indicate that the paint is all original i.e. no accidents/repairs/etc. Service records are lengthy and detailed, going back to almost the beginning.

No leaks of any kind. No dash cracks. No rust. OEM Mint Fuch's/New tires.
Original Owners Manual and Documentation
Recent major service including oil change, valve adjustment, and AC conversion (living in SoCal, you need working/operable AC).

This car gets looks everywhere it goes. It is a pleasure to drive and it is really clean for a car of this age. Everyone who sees it comments on that.

So why am I selling? That's very easy to answer: this car, truthfully, is WAY too nice for my needs right now. For example, the last thing I want is someone dinging my door at the grocery store or what have you - this is LA, and that happens all the time here. I know that may not sound believable but it is the truth, and if you see the car in person you would understand immediately. I do not want or need two cars in LA, and as gorgeous and absolutely stunning as this car is, making sure it stays in this condition (even though I have it in my covered garage at the moment) is going to be an ongoing responsibility that I don't want (which will likely result overall in me not wanting to drive the car very much, if that makes sense).

I'm a design guy, not a car guy. If you have questions about its service history, go ahead and fire away and if I can find the answers for you in the service records, I'm happy to do so. However, the car was throughly inspected prior to purchase and then again right after by a second/different Porsche mechanic. The experts who have driven it agree it is in great shape. Recently passed CA smog/emissions text with flying colors, further indicating how well maintained it has been throughout the years.

If you have questions, I'm happy to try and answer them, as long as you ask nicely and indicate some level of serious interest. I'm a reasonable guy looking to make a deal so while I'm not interested in low ball offers out of phase with what the market will currently bear for this type of car in this condition, if you can demonstrate a serious interest in purchasing within a relatively short timeframe, I'm willing to listen.

Thank you for looking!
Attached Images     
Old 09-15-2015, 02:26 PM
Tim997S
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miles ? how many owners...did you restore ?..thanks, Tim 949-378-7439
Old 09-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Its a stunning car. Someone out there is gonna get a really nice ride.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:19 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Gorgeous automobile!

Quick Reply: For Sale: Gorgeous 1988 Carrera for sale in Los Angeles