For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Sold

For Sale: FS: 2012 CARRERA GTS w/ Aerokit and Mod's

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015 | 10:43 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by leftlane
Best wishes to you.

Instead of selling the car, why isn't the neighbor paying up? Seems like a pretty clear cut case here - his homeowners insurance would surely cover your costs if he doesn't pay himself. Maybe it will save you the headache of trying to sell while you're dealing with everything else.
Mike deeply sorry to read about what happened but I agree with what MJ stated. There must be responsibility and accountability.
Prays will go out for Mia.

Ranger
Old 04-15-2015 | 01:22 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Mike deeply sorry to read about what happened but I agree with what MJ stated. There must be responsibility and accountability.
Prays will go out for Mia.

Ranger
Thanks...so far not much contact from neighbor. I guess they were not really friends and they have not offered any help what so ever with expenses.

Price lowered to $78,000
Old 04-15-2015 | 10:29 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

I'm so sorry to hear that! Sending good vibes and thought to your poor dog and you guys. GLWS! That care is dope!
Old 04-15-2015 | 10:31 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by mdrums
Thanks...so far not much contact from neighbor. I guess they were not really friends and they have not offered any help what so ever with expenses.

Price lowered to $78,000
There has to be a legal route! An umbrella insurance will cover that, in case the neighbor has one. Def check! Why would you have to sell your car for this????
Old 04-15-2015 | 12:16 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So sorry to hear...any of us that have or do own dogs know they are so much a part of our lives that we would do anything possible to help them. Good Luck with her...

May I make a suggestion? Start a gofundme.com campaign, you will get so much money for her care that you won't have to go through the hassle of selling the car. Seriously, I think you'd be surprised at what it can generate. People are always willing to help when a pet or child is in need. you KNOW you'll have support from the RList crowd.

Good Luck!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-15-2015 | 12:29 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

So very sorry to hear about your Dog!!!
Old 04-16-2015 | 02:20 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Mike, Like you my wife and I do not have children but our dogs are our lives and we would go to the ends of the earth for them. I commend you for what you are doing here, please know that there are many Rennlisters out there wishing the best for you and Mia both in this situation.
Old 04-16-2015 | 04:37 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

good luck with your sale mike

and very sorry to hear about the pet event -- hope all moves ahead smoothly from here

quick question -- car is black yes? (not dark blue?)

best wishes
Old 04-16-2015 | 05:27 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Many years ago when I had no $$ I walked on a $2500 engagement ring and kept the dog for 17 years. Best $$ ever spent. Psycho was engaged four more times for a life total of 6 engagements
Old 04-17-2015 | 09:38 AM
mdrums
Race Director

do you guys feel my car would sell better if I took the suspension and brake mods off the car and put the factory stock parts back on it so that the car is totally stock?
Old 04-17-2015 | 09:39 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
There has to be a legal route! An umbrella insurance will cover that, in case the neighbor has one. Def check! Why would you have to sell your car for this????
Honestly.....the cost to care for my dog so far is $10,000. The monthly treatment therapy is around $1200. I have a car payment with this car that I want to get out from under so I can more comfortably pay for treatments and to pay myself back the money I've spent thus far.

As far as the neighbor...he has insurance, is well off, owns a Porsche track car and a Vette Z06. I had thought we were friends. I brought him into DE's, instructed him many times and now he also is an instructor. We've been on vacations with him and his family, go boating together, dinner and so forth.

Knowing myself I don't think it would be a good idea for me to go to track events and have my neighbor there...if you can understand that?

It's really confusing actually really hurts...this whole situation hurts. Anyway I want and need to sell my car.
Old 04-17-2015 | 09:43 AM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Speechless....
Old 04-17-2015 | 04:42 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

You don't need to be friends with your neighbor to file a claim against his insurance. With the incident the way you described, it's a no-brainer. This is why we all have insurance - make him use his. You don't have to be buddy buddy, as he obviously isn't standing up and taking responsibility anyway. If he's really worth some money, then he'll have a liability policy for this exact type of issue.

An insurance claim would be WAY easier than the route you are taking.
Old 04-17-2015 | 06:51 PM
coreseller
Three Wheelin'

Many years back before having had a dog I would of thought differently, now that we've had our Sam for a few years I totally understand, there are definitely days I'd take him over some of our kids lol.

I also understand your apprehension regarding approaching your neighbor / friend but from what you've described it's obvious who's pet is at fault and my guess you're likely not going to be trading barbecue recipes with them again so what could approaching them / their insurance hurt? It sounds as if you are definitely a stand up guy, but imo you're paying a helluva price for principle when your neighbor is totally ducking anything resembling such.

Good Luck and God Speed with your dog's recovery...........
Old 04-17-2015 | 09:28 PM
mxp
Racer

sad to hear, i almost had a very similar thing happen yesterday when walking my dog against a german shepherd, sad to see you selling your car, i agree with most in going after his insurance

hopefully you don't have to sell your car but if you do sell it and are off loading parts PM me as I need most of the mods on your car

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: 2012 CARRERA GTS w/ Aerokit and Mod's