For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS in NorCal - Fresh rebuilt 930 late bellhousing trans, OS Giken diff, CMS sideplate

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012 | 07:07 PM
deathbyspoon
Track Day

Default FS in NorCal - Fresh rebuilt 930 late bellhousing trans, OS Giken diff, CMS sideplate

Had this rebuilt by Marty Mehterian (well known PCA/POC racer in southern california) several months ago. It was completely disassembled, ultrasonic cleaned, parts including gaskets/dog gears/bearings, etc were replaced, diff installed, a California Motorsports billet side plate installed, and re-assembled.

Completely stock gearing, including ring and pinion. Transmission is from a '83recent euro 930.

Asking price: $5500, outright. If asking price is met, I will include a WEVO 930 transmission beam with the black bushings ($250 value). Please send offers by PM.

Local pickup much preferred. I'll deliver within 100 miles of San Jose, CA for free. I will ship at the buyers expense of me getting a pallet and materials. This will also take longer to facilitate as I do not have a truck or much free time during the weeks.

Details and pics:

Pic of partial receipt:

Installed is an OS Giken super lock limited slip unit - details:

Now available in the US, OS Giken's Super Lock limited-slip differential is a patented design, which allows for full adjustment and true 100 percent locking capability. Under normal driving conditions it operates with the smoothness of a normal diff, but once power is applied, it transforms into a progressive locking LSD. Initial torque and ramp angles are tunable for street, drift, circuit, autocross, etc. No break-in period needed.

OS Giken utilized its accumulated racing knowledge and engineering experience to develop its own limited slip differential. Four years of extensive research and development lead to a new and revolutionary LSD design with the capacity to house an unprecedented number of friction plates (up to 28 plates in total) and thus the OS Super Lock LSD was born. The increased number of plates directly has not only dramatically improved their LSD design's locking force and enables it to lock fully and completely. An added benefit to being a fully locking mechanism is that less heat is generated, thus resulting in incredible durability and reliability.

Link to WEVO transmission beam:

Welcome to Windrush Evolutions - WEVO - Porsche Products

Link to California Motorsports side plate (2/3 to the bottom): California Motorsports Porsche 930 transmission section

During the rebuild:

Now:

Transmission beam:

Old 12-04-2012 | 02:52 PM
deathbyspoon
Track Day

Sold!!

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS in NorCal - Fresh rebuilt 930 late bellhousing trans, OS Giken diff, CMS sideplate