For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: BBS 1-piece Magnesium wheels RE-Mg 8.5x18 11x18

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:21 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh god... I commented on that video a while back.

Also, just for the record in case he removes the video, the plate is: P G09
Old 11-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Mark, I would have thought that too but there's a pic on the 1st page with the BBS rims on his 993. These photos weren't just lifted off the web and used for a FS ad from a hijacked account. It would ease our minds if this were the case but the sad fact is 'one of our own' perpetrated a federal crime. Given the amount involved I really hope the local authorities take this seriously enough to follow through and prosecute. I'm pretty sure the guy was able to withdraw these funds once a tracking number had been provided and then proceeded to close the associated/linked Paypal accounts.

Uggh? His profile says he logged in today. How's that possible if the ISP is blocked in the case of someone who has been 'banned'? Maybe I don't understand how the ban process works......

Just in case he figures out a way to delete the photos the registration info for the VW Transporter TDI is WI AJ7207.
Thanks, I saw that. I was just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Mark, I wish that you are right somehow. I still do, although I have to say that all the facts point out to a different conclusion.

I, too, had two main plausible scenarios that could have explained his strange behavior.

A.
The guy was/is sick (or worse) and someone else (friend or family) is handling his RL, email and Paypal accounts. (*recent log-ins, replies to OPO in English, etc)

In that case, they would have said something by now and surely not ship an irrelevant part (that coincidentally includes the word "wheel") to the States, obviously trying to fool the buyer and scam Paypal along the way.

Not to mention that they would have replied to my several emails by now..

B.
RAB is fine, but his RL account was hi-jacked and so were his email and Paypal accounts.

From our end, we checked his IP addresses and nothing looks out of the ordinary. No new weird IPs , no other country but Germany, etc.

Anyway, in that (very far fetched) case, the average user would have rejoined RL, sent a PM to the admin (or simply send him an email without even registering), explaining what happened so that he could pick up on his pending transaction and ask for a password reset..
He could/would have done the same with his Paypal and email accounts and, again, could have easily replied to my emails.

Perhaps this guy is facing serious financial problems and was "forced" to act like that, in a matter of life and death..? I don't know..
The "right" conditions can make us do things that we are not proud of..

But even with this scenario in mind, and if that is indeed the reason for not honoring this transaction and for ruining his good name, then why not come clean and take it like a man?.

He was here long enough to know that Rennlist is a community, above all else, and we could and probably would have helped one way or another..

For all of the above, I will stand by my "douchebag" comment and wish him Gute Nacht..

Best,

John
Very well thought out and rationally stated.

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
It happens unfortunately, last guy that did this crap on 6speed to a bunch of members got 40 yrs.. http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17958390
Interesting. Looks like he got 40 years for a Ponzi scheme. I hope justice is served in some fashion for RAB.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:25 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 655 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by jstyer
Also, just for the record in case he removes the video, the plate is: P G09
The P is for Potsdam near Berlin.

The WI is for Wiesbaden right next to Frankfurt.

The two aren't remotely close to each other.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Any updates?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Any updates?
Everything the same, I haven't heard from pay pal, American Express or mr. DICK
Old 01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Nothing new, haven't heard from nobody...

Quick Reply: For Sale: BBS 1-piece Magnesium wheels RE-Mg 8.5x18 11x18