For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: T-SHIRTS // Thru Oct. 6, $2 to Rennwish for each shirt sold. Organic ringspun cotton.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool stuff! Order complete...
Old 09-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom 97 C2-S, So. Cal.
Order is in.

You need something along the oil vs. water (you can then sell to both sides).
Great idea, thanks! Added to the master "idea list" that we are currently sorting through for the next round.

I'm using the profits from this to save up for going back to school next fall (Clemson university's Automotive Engineering MS program @ CU-ICAR), and applications are due in the coming months, so I'm now studying for the GRE and working on my portfolio. It will be interesting to juggle time and get some excellent new shirts designed/launched, but I am hoping I'll have some good stuff for a fall line for launch in late-October to early November.

Thank you guys VERY MUCH for the orders, I've tried to refrain from posting here too much at the risk of annoying folks that are not interested, but please let me know what you think if you have received yours! All orders are shipped and up-to-date... nota_troll, just in time for the USPS pickup here in a few.

Edit: Rudy (Opo) you are a good man! Just got your order and will try to get it shipped before USPS arrives.

Cheers
Old 09-11-2012, 12:37 PM
marin77
Racer

Ordered two today - hope the fit is right - can't wait to get them!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Rec Racing
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order of four shirts came in last night...awesome! The quality is outstanding!!! Don't miss out on the long sleeve option either VERY nice! Thanks guys great job!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

[QUOTE=Benton;9833469]

Edit: Rudy (Opo) you are a good man! Just got your order and will try to get it shipped before USPS arrives.

Cheers [/
Old 09-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Benton
Drifting

Originally Posted by marin77
Ordered two today - hope the fit is right - can't wait to get them!
Thanks, Marin. Let me know if the sizes don't work out and we can try something different.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

[QUOTE=Rec Racing; The quality is outstanding!!! Don't miss out on the long sleeve option either VERY nice! Thanks guys great job![/QUOTE]

+1
Old 09-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Crimson Nape Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

mine came in last night and they are uber soft. my wife did not want one, but after she felt them I think my daughters or I may find one of ours "missing".
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Fit is awesome and the cotton is soft and super comfortable. These rock!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 AM
H2O LOL
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered a bunch.... Might I suggest a UPS option.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Dryfly57
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Received mine yesterday. Great quality and fit.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just ordered 2. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Benton
Drifting

Thanks for all of the feedback and recent orders! I am packing them up now and will have them ready for the pickup shortly. I will need to go back and count for an exact tally, but the Rennwish total is now over $160!

Originally Posted by Aquagenic pruritus
Ordered a bunch.... Might I suggest a UPS option.
First, thanks for the order, and I apologize if you had issues. Was anything damaged? Send me an email (mark@studiotns.com) or post up with what the problem was; I am happy to own up to mistakes and will try to fix the issue if possible.

I will consider offering a UPS/FedEx option, but I would have to charge much more. Once someone orders over one t-shirt, shipping is a loss that I accept for a larger order--but we liked the simplicity of $3 flat-rate shipping. I am learning as I go as to what the most efficient packaging method is (like above, if I made a packaging mistake please let me know), but considering my volume, I do not receive any discounts on UPS/FedEx aside from the retail rate they offer businesses that simply call for an account.

It would be difficult for me to ship anything via parcel carriers for under $7.50 plus packaging costs (figure $.50), so when taking into account the margins, a $5 loss just on shipping, on one order, significantly cuts into profits. They just don't have decent rates for lightweight packages when compared to USPS, and they are also slower. The extra UPS costs would have to be passed down to the customer, which we figured not many would be interested in... but it appears we should reconsider and potentially offer it as a higher-priced option.

Last edited by Benton; 09-12-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:06 PM
H2O LOL
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I completely understand the shipping issue, but an option with added expenses passed on to the consumer could be decided on by the buyer. Just an idea. I have horrid issues with the us mail system. End result, I have to drive across town and wait in a line to get anything...

On a side note , how many shirts would I have to buy to have you design something for me ? I have a few ideas I feel would be good sellers for you too.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Benton
Drifting

Ahh, gotcha. Sorry about that. Waiting in the PO line is nothing short of miserable. I will look into adding the option and if the logistics are not too complicated, I'll add it in once we get back from vacation. The framework the site is built on is rather simple (BigCartel), so hopefully it will allow different carrier options.

I am absolutely open to new ideas, but I will say that my buddy and I that are working on it together have a few in the queue and it's more a matter of viability and cash to decide whether or not to move forward with the designs. Maybe I should design a few and poll the board? Definitely a touchy subject to poll as it is impossible to please everyone. Given the success of this listing, it appears I will probably move forward with a few more designs on possibly multiple shirts/colors. Lots to think about, as it definitely isn't cheap, but I would love to print more. It would be great to hear your ideas, but don't get mad if we don't move forward!

Prior to posting this, we received a lot of positive feedback, but didn't know if it would really be profitable. It now appears it could be, but I'd like to get some more feedback from all of the folks that have received their shirts from this posting before making the final commitment.

Of course, with applying to go back to school (something I never thought I would say, that's for sure, but it's an incredible opportunity), I now have the unenviable task of studying for the GRE and assembling my work portfolio in a rather short period of time, which may slightly delay the launch of new shirts. The program receives about 300 applicants per year with 40 students accepted, so I definitely have my work cut out for me!

Quick Reply: For Sale: T-SHIRTS // Thru Oct. 6, $2 to Rennwish for each shirt sold. Organic ringspun cotton.