For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 944 GT racing wide body flares (rear) $250

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010 | 11:15 AM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by smccue
If you are looking for front wide body fenders, I have a set of IFC fiberglass fenders.
How much wider than stock? I broke a chunk of fender that then came up and slapped the windshield causing what could be termed as "an explosive bowel movement" . (Probably too much info.) Either way if they're in good shape and 2-3" wider than stock I'll take 'em. (When you drive like I do you can't have enough spare body parts. ask Dan...he knows.) Let me know at your convenience please.
Old 11-24-2010 | 11:21 AM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ALFAPU
Lanny, I'm searching for a box to ship these in, I may have to cobble something together since they are so large. I will get you a shipping quote within the next couple of days.

Dan's car appears very well done and was actually part of my inspiration behind picking up these flairs!

I have a 951 with a wrecked quarter panel and figured this would be a great way to cover it up and gain some extra track width at the same time. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) shortly after I bought these flairs, I found a near perfect 951 shell for $500. I was planning on dropping the 951 motor and going through it anyway, so instead I'll just drop it in the clean shell. I figure that $500 for a shell is less than it will cost to complete the widebody conversion on the wrecked one. I plan to keep the wrecked shell around and eventually I'll build it up with the Broadfoot kit. I've always loved the look of bolt on flares!
Ever since the green race car was wrecked by a woman I now refer to as "Dump Truck" I have been debating fixing versus different tub. I think in your case you're probably going the right way but for me there has been so much development work done to the car I pretty much HAVE to fix it. It has a Milledge built 3.0 Liter in it. Nice. Dans car is a real well, cleanly and professionally done car. It looks even better in person (I hate him!) Good luck with your project!

As for shipping the bicycle frame box should work. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2010 | 11:25 AM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Hey guys. I'm looking at getting into 'proper' racing next season too. Might have to get some pointers from you both. I'm sure Dan's car is very tidy too.
Dan I actually did wind up getting a clutch disk made up by Southbend. In fact they sent me two. I still haven't tried one yet but I'll put it in with the 3.1L motor
which is very close to completion.
I was looking at various widebody stuff and keep going back and forth on what or what not to do. I was very close to buying a kit from Broadfoot but the plans kept changing. Might have to revisit that again.

Lanny, not much racing at the moment like you. Just different extremes of the weather. Really too hot for the track now. Time to prep the car for next year.
Merry X mas...damn was that just too early?
It's minus 28c here today and with windchill it's equivalent to minus 44c. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a nut but everything is too cold and numb to check let alone dress up like the Michelin Man to go looking for THAT raisin. Merry Christmas is not too early but, up here, it just involves warmth and a complete set of nuts.

Have a good warm season. (i hate you too!)
Old 11-24-2010 | 11:26 AM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Leigh2
Alfapu try a bicycle shop to get the boxes that the bike frames are shipped in....should be just the right size.
Great idea! Thanks for contributing!
Old 11-24-2010 | 02:56 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lanny Curlett
It's minus 28c here today and with windchill it's equivalent to minus 44c. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a nut but everything is too cold and numb to check let alone dress up like the Michelin Man to go looking for THAT raisin. Merry Christmas is not too early but, up here, it just involves warmth and a complete set of nuts.

Have a good warm season. (i hate you too!)
I remember thinking as a child when my mother told me about people living in inhospitable parts of the world...'why don't they just move'....sorry, it's all I got.

You guys should be taking video when you're on the track too. There's not enough footage of our cars available to watch.
Old 11-24-2010 | 08:21 PM
dand86951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I remember thinking as a child when my mother told me about people living in inhospitable parts of the world...'why don't they just move'....sorry, it's all I got.

You guys should be taking video when you're on the track too. There's not enough footage of our cars available to watch.
I think I have some crappy video of Lanny blasting past me at the Edmonton Indy in his orange car. I'll try to get that one up.

Lanny what all do you need to get the green car up and running?
Old 11-24-2010 | 10:23 PM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

I pretty much have it all.....a little welding and straighten a frame horn. That car has a very, very stout strut brace on it and so the only thing that bent was the frame horn forward of the p/s wheelwell. I could probably rough straighten it and be fine but we shall see. I'm more committed to that car all the time. I have a new lady in my life who has a maniacal mind set so it would seem like a good idea to fix the green car for round 2 so to speak. I will be at lots of Race City stuff and the Edm. Indy may yet happen. Also Miller is not out of the question either. Maybe give a call when you're thinking of going. We might be able to make it a group effort and I could bring some parts in case you need them. (ha-ha)(I KILL me!) Anyway, Dan, the green car will get fixed and I will be the noisy guy at the race track. Did I ever tell you that Jack Ondrack once told me that" Road Racing is like masturbation........it's fun to do but nobody will pay to come watch." Have a good night.
Old 11-28-2010 | 02:57 AM
ALFAPU
Instructor

Lanny,

I picked up some bicycle boxes today, I'll get them packed up for you tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2010 | 06:50 PM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ALFAPU
Lanny,

I picked up some bicycle boxes today, I'll get them packed up for you tomorrow.
Great! Thanks!!
Old 11-30-2010 | 04:47 PM
ALFAPU
Instructor

FedEx is a no-go. They want between $600-$750 to ship these to zip code 59484 depending on wether I ship them seperately or together.

Anyone have any ideas on shipping?

Together they measure 70" x 42" x 18" and weigh ~30lbs. Seperately they measure 70" x 42" x 12" and weigh ~15lbs each.
Old 11-30-2010 | 05:04 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Might have to ship them freight or via DHL. I had a large section of the front core support off a 944 shipped to me from Ohio and shipping was about $150 I think.

Hell of a deal though. Wish I had the extra cash for these!
Old 11-30-2010 | 05:53 PM
ALFAPU
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Might have to ship them freight or via DHL. I had a large section of the front core support off a 944 shipped to me from Ohio and shipping was about $150 I think.

Hell of a deal though. Wish I had the extra cash for these!

I've already tried DHL, unfortunately they no longer ships domestic packages, they are now "international only".
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:21 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Maybe try Estes freight. We used them at my last job a lot and they're one of the cheaper freight companies. Also, some people talk about shipping things via Greyhound bus??

Might post a thread in OT with a link to this to see if anyone has some good ideas!
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:40 PM
ALFAPU
Instructor

I'll give Estes a try, Greyhound doesn't go anywhere near where these have to go.

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:48 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

No problem. Let us know what you find out!

Quick Reply: For Sale: 944 GT racing wide body flares (rear) $250