For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

For Sale: 1997 Porsche 993 Turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010 | 09:47 AM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Default my 2 cents

YouYou is doing the correct thing. it's hard to get good Karma, doesn't matter how much it costs
Old 10-09-2010 | 09:58 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Youyou
I'm going to help him move the car since i wasted so much of his time.
You was a buyer

Things happen

You have no need to think you wasted this dealer's time

If this dealer needs your help to sell the car, then I question why?

But if you think you need to help this dealer, then I question why?

Dealers always will have buyers that back out of deals, its part of the car business

You're not the first buyer to back out of a "done" deal, nor will be the last
Old 10-09-2010 | 10:05 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Farfelc2s
YouYou is doing the correct thing. it's hard to get good Karma, doesn't matter how much it costs
Correct thing?

Helping this dealer sell this car?

The only "correct thing" YouYou did was take a reality check with his wife and finances and decided now is not the time

He has no obligation to help this dealer move this car, despite the hopes of good karma, unless this dealer will help out with 0% financing...
Old 10-09-2010 | 10:36 AM
firesm
Pro

I think it's right to question things we read on the internet, and to look at things with a cautious eye. FWIW, youyou contacted me about the supercups I had for sale on here a couple of weeks ago. Being that he only lives about 2hrs away and was coming to a concert in my city he was very interested in buying them, and was disappointed when I told him they were only for na993's. I think this is merely a case of someone with little Porsche experience, and car ADD, getting caught up in the excitement of purchasing a cool but expensive car, and then experiencing a serious case of buyers remorse, but still with a window of opportunity to back out of the deal. Most people get buyers remorse about 2 weeks after their purchase, with the ppi and detailing it was like he had the car for two weeks before it officially became his. Would I help the dealer try and sell the car? No - but to each his own.
Old 10-09-2010 | 01:05 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

FWIW, from the OT, get the windshield washer pump fixed, Charge the AC, and get a correct alignment, that's why a dealer has a lot and advertisements. GLWTS
Old 10-09-2010 | 02:59 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm going to help him move the car since i wasted so much of his time. He might sell it without my help and that's great.
I just figured i would post it up here since many people are looking for a clean 993 TT.
Sorry to see things went a little sideways for you on this one. In defense of others that have commented, your initial post is very confusing and this is a situation that is just hard to get your arms around. In essence, you're posting a car for sale that you almost bought on behalf of a dealer. You are also making a lot of representations about the car based on the PPI and possibly a test drive:

Is is absolutely stunning and runs absolutely flawlessly.

I ran a PPI on it and will be providing you with the results.
Everything checks out perfectly. The turbos on the car were changed this year and are OEM and were bought directly from Porsche brand new.
This is a major bonus since you basically have brand new turbos on the car.
I can put you in touch with the people who did the PPI and you can ask them any questions you would like.
They had nothing but amazing things to say on the car and confirmed that it ran flawlessly.
Brakes are new and tires are new.
I ran a carfax,carproof and autocheck report and everything came back perfect. I will provide you with these documents as well.

The car has never been accidented.

As i said the car is awesome .
What if (for whatever reason) the next subsequent buyer finds that some of these statements are not 100% accurate and holds you liable? It looks to me that you are putting your personal liability on the line for a used car dealer and that's just plain strange.

Good luck to you with resolving this whole situation.

Originally Posted by 2000996MIA
FWIW, from the OT, get the windshield washer pump fixed, Charge the AC, and get a correct alignment, that's why a dealer has a lot and advertisements. GLWTS
+1
Old 10-09-2010 | 06:37 PM
Youyou
Instructor

Originally Posted by Farfelc2s
I appreciate the kind words...
Old 10-09-2010 | 06:40 PM
Youyou
Instructor

Originally Posted by IamSMC
Correct thing?

Helping this dealer sell this car?

The only "correct thing" YouYou did was take a reality check with his wife and finances and decided now is not the time

He has no obligation to help this dealer move this car, despite the hopes of good karma, unless this dealer will help out with 0% financing...

To some it might be the correct thing to others it might not.
At the end of the day he's a good guy and i figured i'd lend a hand...
0% financing i don't know lol but maybe next time around he might do something for me.
And i will repeat what i said he doesn't necessarily need my help but why not advertise it here as well since so many of you are looking for 993 TT's.
Old 10-09-2010 | 06:45 PM
Youyou
Instructor

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Sorry to see things went a little sideways for you on this one. In defense of others that have commented, your initial post is very confusing and this is a situation that is just hard to get your arms around. In essence, you're posting a car for sale that you almost bought on behalf of a dealer. You are also making a lot of representations about the car based on the PPI and possibly a test drive:

What if (for whatever reason) the next subsequent buyer finds that some of these statements are not 100% accurate and holds you liable? It looks to me that you are putting your personal liability on the line for a used car dealer and that's just plain strange.

Good luck to you with resolving this whole situation.

+1
I agree that my post might be a little confusing and that's why i'm here answering any and all questions.

Well i just mentioned that i already did the PPI. I am by no means responsible and essentially the deal would go through the dealer.
I simply stated that i can provide the PPI documents to anyone who wants them.
They were done last week at EK Performance in Montreal and anyone can call them up and ask them anything they'd like on the car.
Lastly whoever wants to purchase this car can run as many more tests as they want. Nothing is stopping them.
No one has to take my word for it. Or EK Performance's word for it.
Thank you
Old 10-09-2010 | 07:35 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

The owner of the car refused at least 10 buyers....
Where'd they all go?
Old 10-09-2010 | 07:46 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

I agree that my post might be a little confusing and that's why i'm here answering any and all questions.
Please see my post #30...

And post #13.

And post #21.

Andreas
Old 10-10-2010 | 10:16 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Well?

Also, how is 2,278 "close to 3,000"?

Me thinks you're not entirely above board...

Andreas

Last edited by AOW162435; 10-10-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2010 | 12:31 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Well?

Also, how is 2,278 "close to 3,000"?

Me thinks you're not entirely above board...

Andreas
So it appears you are the dealer or work for the dealer. Either way it sounds like you are trying to pull one over on the Rennlist community. Stay away from this forum we don't need scammers like you on here.
Old 10-10-2010 | 12:36 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Old 10-10-2010 | 12:49 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1997 Porsche 993 Turbo.