For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 1986.5 Porsche 928 Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:05 AM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1986.5 Porsche 928 Project

I'm offering my 86.5 auto transmission project car for sale at $3000 obo. This was the last year of the original 928 body, but has the 288HP 32V engine and upgraded brakes of the subsequent 300HP+ S4 928 which makes this model a favorite among 928 enthusiasts. The 928 was a bonafide supercar in the 80's and 90's.

I have too many projects and am interested in selling it to someone looking for a project 928. I have begun the reassembly process and will continue down this path if it does not sell. The color is white gold metallic and the interior is brown. To date, I have completely reassembled the interior, including the stereo system. I have installed the new rear brakes, inspected the timing belt, and replaced the fluids. The car does run and drive.

Here's the good:

Runs and drives; although not registered
New rear brakes
New waterpump and timing belt (I believe as the car came with the old water pump and rollers and the belt looks new. I have also verified that the belt tension is correct)
New distributor caps and rotors
New battery
New spark plugs
Alpine stereo
86.5 928 with 4 piston Brembo brakes and 288HP 32V 5.0L V8 engine
White gold metallic, a fairly rare color
78K miles
interior in pretty good shape (minus a few cracks in the dash and one in the pod)
930 steering wheel in good shape
16" 911 wheels with tires with lots of tread remaining

Here's the bad:.
Small dent in passenger rear quarter
Front bumper cover is currently off the car and must be painted. (edit: The bumper is currently at my body shop being painted)
Entire car needs a compound and buff to remove clear coat scratches.
The AC doesn't work
Suspension corrosion

My plan is to move forward with the reassembly and partial restoration; however, I'd rather be working on one of my other projects, so I'm offering it as is for $3000. I don't have to sell the car but I would like it to go to a good home and think that it would be a good starter 928 for someone.

For more pictures and info on the car see the following thread in the 928 forum:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...eferrerid=8546

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1986.5 Porsche 928 Project