For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 1984 F Class Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 155 Posts
Default 1984 F Class Carrera

1984 911 Carrera Coupe, Black on Black with Factory Spoilers

Don’t want to do this, but having two 911s is more than I can afford and I do not want to part with the 964 since it was purchased new by my father so I want to keep it in the family.

Set up for PCA F Prepared. Full engine rebuild top and bottom with new pistons and cylinders complete in 2008. B&B headers with heat and B&B 2 in 2 out race muffler that were purchased new and put on during the rebuild. New Centerforce clutch from Patrick Motorsports done at that time as well. The gearbox was not done at this time and was last rebuilt in 1999. The car was not tracked from 2005 through 2008 while the motor was out for the rebuild. The car will have a new fuel pump and some other maintenance done prior to sale.

Two DE events and two club races on it since the rebuild. There is an oil leak coming from the front of the motor behind the lower pulley that started at the last race I did at Summit Point in 2009. Basically leaves some residue on the fan and a few spots under the car after coming off the track. Factory front and rear spoilers, factory optioned LSD and sport package. Factory option code sticker is still on the inside of the front trunk lid. Car has all original paint and body work. No wrecks, no bondo, no stories. Does have rock chips and dings from club racing and drivers’ education.

Suspension: 23 and 31 mm torsion bars, Bilstein Sport Shocks. Car is a factory Sport Package car so it came with the Bilstein Green Struts from the factory. Charlie Bar sway bars front and rear (front is through the body).

Brakes: 993 TT Big Reds front and rear, with 23mm master cylinder. New PFC 01 pads front and rear with 4 DE run sessions on them. Castrol SRF fluid put in when the pads were put on.

Car comes with OMP Professional 6pt FIA harnesses good through 2013. Two sets of 17 inch 993 Cup II replica wheels in early offset. Three sets of Hoosiers that are still useable. Additional items included are the factory sport seats in nice condition, indoor car cover from Performance Products for a Carrera with a factory tail, AMB transponder hard wired in the car and current PCA logbook. I never registered it with MyLaps so you won’t have to pay for a name change. A good solid car with decent PCA race history including a 1st in the old E class at the Rennsport Reunion II at Daytona in 2004. Have the award and timesheet to document this. Other podium finishes at Summit Point and VIR. The car has a clean title and has current VA Antique Vehicle registration so you can drive it to the track. A great club race or DE car.

$18,000 OBO. Please email me at mark at ogracing dot com with any questions.

Forgot to put this in the ad. The mileage on the chassis is about 175K. Motor was rebuilt at 173K. It was running at the time, just tired. Rebuild was not the result of a blow up or failure. Numbers matching. Also, I have owned the car since October 1999 when it had 149K miles. It was used as a daily driver by the previous owner. I turned it into a club race/DE car and started club racing it in 2000.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Carrera51; 07-27-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1984 F Class Carrera