For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 1981 928 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010 | 01:52 AM
steveoen
Advanced

Default 1981 928 for sale

1981 928 3spd Automatic with the 4.5 liter. The interior is in great shape with no cracks in the dash or rips in the seats. The luggage carpet is faded and the stereo is not working. The paint is also in good shape due to it being repainted a few years ago with only one minor chip and a couple of minor blemishes in the clear coat on the hood. It has nearly new tires on phone dial wheels. This car is currently a non runner. The reason it doesn't run is because while starting it up i believe one of the head gaskets blew (i'm not sure) it still idled but coolant had been leaking from somewhere I could not locate. Looking back it was probably a simpler problem but I started to tear the engine down and while trying to cover up the intake valves a wrench fell in so you are going to have to take the heads off the engine to get to the wrench anyway. When running it drove amazingly, pulled strong, and ripped through the corners. I have replaced the water pump, all the belts including the timing belt, the thermostat and installed aluminum Armrest supports from 928 motorsports. It also will come with a power steering pump rebuild kit (928 motorsports) and a new silicone oil pan gasket. This was a car that just got out of my price range and i'm trying to just regain some of my money. I am hoping for $2300 because I strongly believe, even none running, the car is in great shape. I'm also open to any reasonable offer or possible trade?
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1981 928 for sale